Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks Draft F Ryan Hartman 30th Overall

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Hartman

Hartman is an agitator, but with skill. Not overly big, like Shaw he's pretty fearless. I like the pick, but I think I would have taken Ian McCoshen who went immediately right after. IMO, D is a bigger need.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Hartman is an agitator, but with skill. Not overly big, like Shaw he's pretty fearless. I like the pick, but I think I would have taken Ian McCoshen who went immediately right after. IMO, D is a bigger need.

He's got better size than Shaw and is a more offensively skilled player. His ceiling is more comparable with Marchand than Shaw.

I like the comparisons I've heard to Callahan (although, Callahan isn't really an agitator).

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011
I won't to pretend to know this year's crop including this guy. Can he play center or is he best on the wing?

What I wonder though is with Shaw, Danault, Ross, Morin in the org do we need another small guy who plays with edge? I'm not big on drafting goalies, but about all we have coming up at power forward is maybe McNeil (if he ends up on the wing; I don't see Jayes as a power guy) and not much in the way of SAH defenseman (Stanton, Johns if he signs, and Olsen looking less likely). That Hagg looked good on paper.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
He can play centre or wing. I won't know where he projects in the NHL. Probably a winger. He's got his share of skill and can make plays, but I'm not sold on his offensive upside. AmericanDream really likes him, and he's seen the most of him, but I see a quality third liner in the NHL.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
I'm still not sure how much I like the pick, but I'm not bothered by it at all. I have no idea how he'll look moving up a level.

Zelecki

Feb 2, 2008
Very, very jealous of this pick. I wanted the Canucks to take him at 24. As you guys already mentioned, he's projected to be Callahan/Marchand (perhaps a hybrid of both). What really impressed me is that his penalty killing is balls to the walls good. Very aggressive, and his positioning is phenomenal.

Awesome, awesome pick. Congratulations on a great player.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
reading and hearing more about him... I like this pick more and more. Not the highest ceiling but has a good chance to reach it. I think there is a good chance he makes it to the NHL and contributes.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
945665_10151770140619258_1108894706_n.jpg

childhood dreams come true

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks didn't give him a serious look for next years' team. Since he's being heralded as the best PKer in the CHL, it could explain the trade of Frolik.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks didn't give him a serious look for next years' team. Since he's being heralded as the best PKer in the CHL, it could explain the trade of Frolik.

I think Bowman is going to pick up a guy like Steckel or Gordon to win faceoffs and those guys can play on the PK too. 1-2 year deal while Hartman develops more and in 2-3 years he gets the spot

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

He'll be 19 next year. Its rare to be in the NHL at 19, he'd have to be a phenom.

MagicSlap*

My friend who is a scout had this guy as a top 15 player in the draft. GREAT value and a GREAT pick. Love what I've heard and seen of him. He'll be a fantastic middle six winger.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Great pick, this guy was going to be a fan favorite on any team, add in the hometown element and it gets even bigger. To get him at #30 is a big deal, you guys should be very happy. Real heart and soul player, gives you everything and can play up and down the lineup.

SLarmer28*

Great pick, this guy was going to be a fan favorite on any team, add in the hometown element and it gets even bigger. To get him at #30 is a big deal, you guys should be very happy. Real heart and soul player, gives you everything and can play up and down the lineup.
Thanks! A Ryan Callahan redux will a little Andrew Shaw mixed in would be a nice addition in the future.

Good luck next season in the Eastern Conference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad