News Article: Blackhawks demote/promote Staff

idontusethisanymore

This is joshprost99
Apr 6, 2016
I thought I recognized the name, Rob Facca. Assuming it's the same guy, he played in my hometown (Aylmer, On. town of 6,000ppl) for the Aylmer Aces in the mid 90's. (Jr B (1 rank below OHL)). I was 10, and looked up to him at the time.

Yeah it's the same guy

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Norm was supposedly McD's guy in the Hockey Brain Trust. He was his mouthpiece in the GMs office. This is some corporate drama Mad Men style.

MacIsaac was the one that reported to McD iirc, he was his advisor...FWIW barstool chief described the hawks FO as basically team stan or team norm so maybe its a vote for stan if norm was in fact demoted

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Wasn’t Ryan Stewart the video coach they made an assistant coach after Savard replaced Yawney that had no business having the position but the Hawks went cheap?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
The eight members who were removed from the team's website included pro scouts Derek Booth, Greg Hawgood, Steve Leach, Michael Mottau, Allan Power and Tom Younghans, player development coach Derek Plante and Rockford IceHogs/European strength and conditioning coach Kristian Skarphagen.

Never like to cheer people losing work but..... well, the pro scouting on this team has been terrible.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
From the Athletic, via Scott Powers
  • Norm Maciver went from assistant general manager to vice president of player personnel.
  • Kyle Davidson went from assistant to the general manager to assistant general manager of hockey administration.
  • Mark Eaton went from director of player development to assistant general manager of player development.
  • Ryan Stewart went from vice president of pro scouting to assistant general manager of pro scouting.
  • Mike Doneghey went from head USA scout to director of player evaluation and recruitment.
  • Pierre Gauthier went from director of player personnel to senior advisor of player personnel.
  • Barry Smith went from director of player evaluation to senior advisor of player personnel.
  • Ron Anderson went from director of player recruitment to senior advisor of player recruitment.
  • Rob Facca went from amateur scout to head USA scout.
Looks like Norm Maciver got a demotion, curious what will happen in the off-season.

Have we considered whether or not the title changes from Manager to VP and vice-versa have to do with compensation? Maybe cuts certain people out of a bonus pool given the impact to revenue?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Normally an"Assistant" anything is less than a V.P. of anything..sp it appears MacIver actually got a job promotion and a pay raise.

Stan Bowman has 2 titles....Senior Vice'President and GM...the factvhe is Senior V.P. means he outranks all other V.P.s in the Hockey Ops Dept.

All "Assistant" whatevers rank below V.P. level..

Lower would be the "Senior Advisor" category ...it is the former V.P.s and Assistants who now are only Senior Advosors who got job title (and pay demotions.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Can't wait for the follow ups to this story.

Can we expect much more this summer or will they take it easy on the overhaul?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Can't wait for the follow ups to this story.

Can we expect much more this summer or will they take it easy on the overhaul?

Think they are done with anything major in the front office. Might see some scouts let go after the draft of their contract later are up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad