Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks buy out Henrik Borgstrom and Brett Connolly

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
For half a second I thought Borgstrom might be okay when we first got him. Neither he nor Connolly will be missed.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Borgstrom I get as a favor for him and sadly seems like the win on the team side is saving actual dollars.

Connolly I don't see why, other than move out not fitting pieces Bowman had. He was a solid piece to help the prospects in Rockford like he played with Reichel a lot to start the year. And Rockford always has a hard time keeping vets so unless there was some conflict I don't see why not keep him for that.

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
$1M is more than worth not existing for a year before returning to Europe
$1M was never on the table mr. argue for the sake of arguing BECAUSE THEY BOUGHT HIM OUT. So the choice for this young man is take the 1/3 mill and admit your career may be over, or turn it down, agree to termination BECAUSE YOU STILL THINK YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO OFFER.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Borgstrom I get as a favor for him and sadly seems like the win on the team side is saving actual dollars.

Connolly I don't see why, other than move out not fitting pieces Bowman had. He was a solid piece to help the prospects in Rockford like he played with Reichel a lot to start the year. And Rockford always has a hard time keeping vets so unless there was some conflict I don't see why not keep him for that.

You can sign a vet with NHL experience at far less then 3M+ that Connolly was making

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
$1M was never on the table mr. argue for the sake of arguing BECAUSE THEY BOUGHT HIM OUT. So the choice for this young man is take the 1/3 mill and admit your career may be over, or turn it down, agree to termination BECAUSE YOU STILL THINK YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO OFFER.

Ok 1/3 $ + Roster spot in Europe > No 1/3 $ + Roster spot in Europe

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
He's a free agent either way. Agreeing to mutual termination would be him lighting money on fire.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

vegarover

Sep 1, 2015
So by the looks of things, this off season the Blackhawks are jettisoning about 1/3 of their players under contract from last season:

DeBrincat
Dach
Connolly
Borgstrom
Kubalik
Strome
De Haan
Gustafsson
Altybarmakyan
Morrison
Gabriel
Kalynuk
Morris

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Sign Max Mamim for 1.5MM per year for a couple of years---played decently well for FLA last year---beef up that center a bit----Putin has his number on his draft speed dial..

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
ROLLIN, ROLLIN, ROLLIN.............

1657567050042.png

Reactions: Mrfenn92

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
And some people thought Connolly would be on this year's roster lol.

Burn it all down...this is going to be the most epic tanking this sport has seen in 15 years
I just read an article about Hawks QOs (or the lack thereof) dated today and the writer was commiserating about the horror of Hawks fans having to watch Brett Connolly this upcoming season! He spoke too soon!

Reactions: Mrfenn92

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Davidson must have really hated working under Bowman. He wants absolutely no one he acquired on this team. We need to make a list of who is left.
I think alot of this is from Danny Boy and Dad. They tarnished everything good, Beach, cover ups for players and Ross, Native American group skepticism, higher ticket prices, lighting himself on fire at his own town hall...I think this is as much or more about branding as anything.

Separate thought, Davidson hasn't done anything with his contract slots or shown any creativity with creating capspace so far for me to believe this has anything to do with hockey. This is scorched earth. If McD, Bowman, or Q touched it, the bosses want it gone and his willingness to do so is probably why Davidson got the job, he was willing to go through all this nonsense.

Why did they waste a whole year with King rudderless on the bench for that sham gm search again.

You could have brought in Pulford to do this.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Borgstrom most certainly goes back to Europe, I wonder why Connolly does

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad