Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks and Toronto G Petr Mrazek and 25th pick for the 38th pick

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Compare it to the Kassian trade. I’d rather move from 38 to 25 this year than get those extra mid-round picks in drafts years from now
I think I saw someone post they're pretty close in terms of draft ranking value charts. I think the Oilers is a little higher with that extra 3rd but the 2nd is so far away.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
BWC is probably most upset with the spending of Rocky's money.
ATP, BWC sounds like an adult in a Charlie Brown cartoon. "Wah, wah, wah...wah....wah."

I know this might be in the minority, I liked what Davison did today. I'm not caught up in the if "he reached" for a player nonsense or if he got enough for Cat nonsense. The real challenge though will be to see if he can move on from Seth Jones.

ozzzie19

May 13, 2015
I think I saw someone post they're pretty close in terms of draft ranking value charts. I think the Oilers is a little higher with that extra 3rd but the 2nd is so far away.
Yes, according to the draft chart, the yotes did better by a bit, but I don’t think there was anything factoring the fact that their draft picks are further in the future. And who knows, if mrazek is healthy he could be flipped for a later rounder that could equal it out. All in all about the same value and I’d take nearer term quality over later draft quantity.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Guess I am the only one that hopes Mrazek gets back to his Carolina level.
Nope. I hope he returns to the great goalie he can be and can keep this level for 1 1/2 years. He'll bring back a 2nd then at the TDL and Hawks are going to suck regardless.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Nope. I hope he returns to the great goalie he can be and can keep this level for 1 1/2 years. He'll bring back a 2nd then at the TDL and Hawks are going to suck regardless.
They won't suck enough if he's playing great.

Having a 2nd round pick is much worse value than being a 8th pick vs 3rd pick in the draft.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
They won't suck enough if he's playing great.

Having a 2nd round pick is much worse value than being a 8th pick vs 3rd pick in the draft.
Hahahaha
They will be in the bottom 3 with a goalie standing on his head.
They will be this bad and if not you trade away a 23 year old overperforming player

Just hope he is good enough to flip him.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
We got our #1 goalie for a particularly pathetic team at a reasonable contract amount.....we move up a few slots and take a chance on a good sized, good skating D man who is a long project. Not the biggest fan of where we took him-----likely around at 39, but maybe they didn't like anyone better and didn't like the risk. As long as we get some forward size and scoring prowess in the 2nd and 3rd, I'm fine with this slight reach.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
Just trying to figure out Chicagos plan in net for this season:

Mrazek - has health issues so not sure he plays a lot of games this season.

Lankinen - are Hawks trying to resign him? Or is he set to test UFA?

DeliA - I’m assuming he’s gone?

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Lankinen and Delia are both pretty surely gone

I would expect Mrazek/Soderblom tandem next year in a 1A/1B situation
Not a chance, Soderblom has potential so he needs to develop in Rockford still.

It seems like you aren't grasping how Davidson is clearly trying to build an effect tank here. You can't risk a young guy getting hot, you don't want a 21 season like Lankenin had for the hawks

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If Hawks bring back f***ing Lankinen then there is no excuse not to bring back Strome

Strome can at least contribute offensively

Lankinen has been a f***ing joke since halfway thru his rookie year when teams figured him out

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If Hawks bring back f***ing Lankinen then there is no excuse not to bring back Strome

Strome can at least contribute offensively

Lankinen has been a f***ing joke since halfway thru his rookie year when teams figured him out
precisely why strome is gone...we need tank commanders to compete with arizona

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad