Seravalli: Blackhawks and Jonathan Toews made joint decision he will not be traded

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
He's UFA at the end of the year. Unless you think the Hawks are going to resign him to a big deal that he can LTIRetire from.
I don't think Chicago would even consider taking that risk even if the signing was cheap. I think Toews realizes his career is coming to a end maybe not on his terms but being forced due to his health.
I'm guessing if he can get back into the lineup it's more or less to finish out a great career on a farewell basis.

Reactions: Space umpire

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
Just saw it on NHL Network. You'd have to think a lot of teams would be interested in a top centerman but he's also dealing with illness lately.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Who cares.

This clown turned a blind eye on a rookie getting sexually abused.

And then had the audacity to double down on it when the news came out.

Everything this POS gets is karma.
Knowing the actual facts would seems to me to be important. I guess you feel differently.
Please tell us what Quenneville said they let the players know at the time, when it happened.

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
Yeah everyone must have a low IQ for not wanting to give up assets for a 28 point player who carries a 10.5 million cap hit...
Well they wouldn’t be taking on a $10.5 cap hit when the Hawks would retain 50% and look what the Leafs gave up for O’Reilly who produced at a lower rate on a better team.

So to say teams wouldn’t give up assets definitely points to something… maybe a bias against the player or team?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I smell retirement….
Gotta spin the injury angle to preserve his tainted legacy. If he keeps playing in the NHL Kyle Beach will continuously get brought up. They better push him into the HoF before the boomers die cause nobody in the next generation would accept it.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
I'm speculating here based on certain things that have been said or happened. I firmly believe Toews was very much open to the possibility of being traded based on his comments and his desire to win another cup.

The atmosphere in Chicago has been very negative since there final cup run.
Toews health concerns are very serious immune system isn't something that you can ever fully recover from , because it acts the opposite way in which you fight off viruses and other illnesses.

When Toews went down in January I think everyone had hope that it was a temporary setback and precautions were taken. After not seeing the improvements I think Toews finally realized his career is coming to a sad ending and I think it's reflected in the statement and both Chicago and toews hope he gets well enough to have a final farewell tour here in Chicago.

That's why you suddenly see the move Toronto made for ROR. just my thoughts and observations

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Larkin will be re-signed. That's how Yzerman does things.

Realy?
How did Yzerman build the Lightning?

Yzerman traded Martin St. Louis
Yzerman bought out Vinny Lecavalier.

2 Hall of Famers.
2 guys who did more for that franchise in one year than Larkin has done for Detroit in his career.

Anyone who thinks Yzerman just signs guys forever because "that's what he does" doesn't know what they're talking about.

EDIT_- Richards was traded Before Yzerman was GM.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Gotta spin the injury angle to preserve his tainted legacy. If he keeps playing in the NHL Kyle Beach will continuously get brought up. They better push him into the HoF before the boomers die cause nobody in the next generation would accept it.
What a stupid and uninformed take.

Nikolajs Sillers

Jan 2, 2021
Realy?
How did Yzerman build the Lightning?

Yzerman traded Martin St. Louis
Yzerman bought out Vinny Lecavalier.

2 Hall of Famers.
2 guys who did more for that franchise in one year than Larkin has done for Detroit in his career.

Anyone who thinks Yzerman just signs guys forever because "that's what he does" doesn't know what they're talking about.

EDIT_- Richards was traded Before Yzerman was GM.
Remember Stamkos thing? Yeah, I do too.

vandymeer13

Feb 8, 2017
Iowa
There saving face with him. All you can count him for is faceoffs. They would have to eat cap and only get a 7th. I think he will play 1 more season for a 2 mil. And retire after 10 games.

StewieP19

Dec 13, 2022
Yzerman explore everything as any GM need to do.
He probably made an offer to Larkin Clan he can go at an unknow $$$
and he explore what he can receive now before see if he trade him now.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Remember Stamkos thing? Yeah, I do too.
That's one.
Yes.
Realistically, Yzerman could only go so high to keep him.
And Stamkos, unlike Larkin, was a superstar. Not the best player on a bad team.
He could sell:
1) Cup chance
2) Taxes.
3) Great team
All selling points he can't sell to Larkin.
Once Yzerman set's his price for Larkin, there's no need to budge.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad