Confirmed with Link: Blackhawks agree to terms with Stephen Johns on a 2-year deal

SLarmer28*

You're the man Stan! :handclap:

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
Absolutely fantastic news. That's the end of all speculation. Here's to hoping they get Kayes done in short order.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Assuming he goes straight to Rockford, I hope he can help them in their push for the playoffs. No use in bringing him up right now. They need him more.

SLarmer28*

http://www.und.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/032814aad.html

On the development of defenseman Stephen Johns over his career...

"Stephen's a work in progress. He still is. He's a tremendous talent for his size. He's a really good skater and he's got good hands. When he's tuned in 100 percent in the right mode, he's probably the best defenseman in college hockey. He's found a way to do that on a more consistent basis this year. He is a physical force, but he also has the skill and ability to do more than that. He always has to remember to keep it simple sometimes. When he plays his game and stays within himself, he's as good a defenseman as I've ever had in college hockey."

Johns Carries Irish To TD Garden

http://notredame.247sports.com/Article/Stephen-Johns-Carries-Irish-To-TD-Garden-184024

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...on-lead-good-crop-of-drafted-ncaa-defensemen/

1. Stephen Johns, Senior, University of Notre Dame (Hockey East)
Drafted: Second round (60th overall) in 2010 by the Chicago Blackhawks

Stephen Johns might be the most pro-ready defenseman currently playing in the NCAA. This, along with the significant strides in his overall development and an excellent senior campaign at Notre Dame, puts him atop this year’s list of NHL-drafted NCAA defenders.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well yipeecayocayay! !!! Too bad we cannot insert him in the playoffs also do not know ifwe have cap room to add him for a couple of the games remaining..probably does ATO with Rockford and Hawks contract only starts next year? Coulda used him for upcoming STL game. ..just to rattle Backes...but I guess Stan has to do what is best for the.longer term or what his cap or contract limits allow.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Forgot to add: UNLEASH THE KRAKKEN!

Memo to Orpik: please tell your captain to keep his head up next year when we meet you guys. ..see,Mr. Johns will not be evening for our captain on you..but obviously on your captain..an eye for an eye etc...Do not think Cross will be liking you much..But we are finally gonna hit and hit hard back..no more softis you can kick sand on. IT will all change. .looking forward to it. See you are slow when you hit hard..Mr. JOHNS HITS but with SpEED too..and he was head in check by the NVAA rules..gonna be unleashed in the NIL..finally gonna be worth the money to see a Hawks game...see what we do when the Force.is with us and unfettered to exact revenge those who dare attack.our stars. Yep..tell your buddy Cross to be very worried..Very worried..

He just was signed by Rockford to a tryout contract..so that is where he Willie for the rest of their season. They sent Reason back to Toledo to make room.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Memo to Orpik: please tell your captain to keep his head up next year when we meet you guys. ..see,Mr. Johns will not be evening for our captain on you..but obviously on your captain..an eye for an eye etc...Do not think Cross will be liking you much..But we are finally gonna hit and hit hard back..no more softis you can kick sand on. IT will all change. .looking forward to it. See you are slow when you hit hard..Mr. JOHNS HITS but with SpEED too..and he was head in check by the NVAA rules..gonna be unleashed in the NIL..finally gonna be worth the money to see a Hawks game...see what we do when the Force.is with us and unfettered to exact revenge those who dare attack.our stars. Yep..tell your buddy Cross to be very worried..Very worried..

...And the hype begins. Can't agree with you more, though.;)

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
After all the hand-wringing about this, I'm glad it's finally here.

Hopefully he lives up to the hype. I feel like some people have hyped him up to TT levels or beyond.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
He just was signed by Rockford to a tryout contract..so that is where he Willie for the rest of their season. They sent Reason back to Toledo to make room.

I'm not sure it's proper to talk about a guy's Willie :shakehead

... and they found reason in Toledo, who'd a thunk it? :laugh:

I'm more convinced than ever there is alcohol involved.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
Well I knew this was coming, he lives less than a mile from me and his sister waits tables at a local eatery, she's a cool kid, went to a ton of his ND games and she told me a while back that he'd be signed, sealed and delivered in short order following ND's season!

So glad its now a done deal, the kid really is a BEAST on skates!

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Well I knew this was coming, he lives less than a mile from me and his sister waits tables at a local eatery, she's a cool kid, went to a ton of his ND games and she told me a while back that he'd be signed, sealed and delivered in short order following ND's season!

So glad its now a done deal, the kid really is a BEAST on skates!

Thanks for letting us know in our time of nervousness! Sheesh

Nothingman*

I am very excited. Get the Hayes deal done and we are set.

azrael111

Oct 1, 2004
I loved this hit from the Frozen Fenway game earlier this year against BC. Couldn't find a full-speed version.

bceagle.gif

bcnotredame.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad