Blackhawks a finalist for Czech Nakladal (Upd: signed w/ CGY)

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
Once again the Hawk management is showing me that they are always in the hunt for players that might give them an edge or make them better. I find it hard not to appreciate that.

BGFalconHawks

Apr 2, 2013
Grayslake, IL
Won best defenseman in the Czech league at 22 (5years ago but still) big body seems like a Hammer type d man not a lot of crooked numbers on the stat line but could be solid for a free tryout.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Won best defenseman in the Czech league at 22 (5years ago but still) big body seems like a Hammer type d man not a lot of crooked numbers on the stat line but could be solid for a free tryout.

Was anyone interested in him 5 years ago? If not, why now?

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If 'with help from' means 'in spite of' through 2013/2014-2014/2015 then you may have a point.

I do love how a walking liability that managed to stop vomiting all over himself for all of 5 games suddenly became a norris candidate hero on these forums. :laugh:

I find it annoying that you keep harping about Rozi at this time. All of you idiots that wanted him out, got their wish, now look at the pickle we're in.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I find it annoying that you keep harping about Rozi at this time. All of you idiots that wanted him out, got their wish, now look at the pickle we're in.

Yeah, good point Bobby. Not saying Rozsival was amazing or anything, or his injury will severely hurt the Hawks, but he definitely made things easier with him in the lineup. None of Cumiskey, Rundblad, or Timonen can handle his minutes. And some posters were repeatedly told this before his injury. I remember people wanting Rozy scratched for Rundblad :laugh:

I do think the top 4, and especially Keith, can handle the boost in ice time though.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Was anyone interested in him 5 years ago? If not, why now?

Did anyone project Stralman as a top-pairing Dman 5 years ago? If not, why is he now? Because not every player developes at the same pace and sometimes they just need the right situation to thrive.

I don't know if this guy will be any good if the Hawks get him. I know there are a lot of players in Europe, the AHL and KHL that can handle bottom-pairing minutes in the NHL and play those minutes well.

He'll obviously be far from a perfect player and he's not going to be a game-changer, but that doesn't mean he can't play.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
I was not aware that we were the Runner up for Tyler Johnson. The Rockford coach knew him and was pushing hard for it but Tyler was concerned that he was going to leave rockford (which he did) and he picked Tampa.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Czech

The Finnish elite league is the closest thing to the NHL in Europe so there would be a reason to play there. He's a defensive DMan so stats aren't going to likely be his thing. He's won awards and apparently done well in international events. Depending on the terms, doesn't seem like a bad option. While I would like to see Johns and Paliotta and JVR playing next year, two will probably be the extent of it for youngans so an experienced guy might work to round out the D squad.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yeah, good point Bobby. Not saying Rozsival was amazing or anything, or his injury will severely hurt the Hawks, but he definitely made things easier with him in the lineup. None of Cumiskey, Rundblad, or Timonen can handle his minutes. And some posters were repeatedly told this before his injury. I remember people wanting Rozy scratched for Rundblad :laugh:

I do think the top 4, and especially Keith, can handle the boost in ice time though.

Keith maybe ... the others, not a chance. It's a matter of time if Q continues to overplay those 4 dmen.... could even lead to another injury. Exhaustion can do that.

IMO, to prevent getting burned, KT and Cumiskey need to eat up at least 22 minutes in tonight's game ... and pray we don't go to OT. The top 4 can likely log more ice in Chicago on Thursday.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Your dead to me Nakladal!

Seriously though, thank you for at least having us in the running to acquire you. A nice change of pace compared to those players who don't want to sign here.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Did anyone project Stralman as a top-pairing Dman 5 years ago? If not, why is he now? Because not every player developes at the same pace and sometimes they just need the right situation to thrive.

I don't know if this guy will be any good if the Hawks get him. I know there are a lot of players in Europe, the AHL and KHL that can handle bottom-pairing minutes in the NHL and play those minutes well.

He'll obviously be far from a perfect player and he's not going to be a game-changer, but that doesn't mean he can't play.

A. Stralman was drafted as an 18 year old. Nakladal ? Not so much

B. Stralman played in the NHL at age 21. Nakladal? Not so much.

I thought you'd at least go with a Rafalski analogy. Probably not old enough, eh?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I have a hard time really knowing what Mike Reilly is. Is he Schultz, Gardiner or Leddy? Can he skate that well? I don't really know what box to put him in.

I think he just prefers Mike Reilly to be honest..:laugh:

He isn't Schultz and doesn't skate as well as Leddy but damn is he smooth out there..his decision making , vision, and pinching are all above the norm...he has grown and looks to continue to add size to his frame but he is a pro player right now and proved it at the World Championships...he reminds me a bit of a smaller Ryan McDonagh...his upside is that legit..I haven't seen many issues that others spoke of earlier in the year about him defensively and he was rock solid in his own end at the WC so those defensive fears are losing steam in my eyes...has a lot of skill and could be in that Shattenkirk McDonagh level if he puts it all together.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL

I would hardly call people who wanted Rozy out idiots. Their/our reasons were justified majority of the year and into the early playoffs. It's not idiotic to want him out of the lineup. They/we just clearly underestimated the depth we have at D. Everyone's wrong at times, does not make them/us idiots.

If we want to play that same game, we could call you an "idiot" for wanting Crawford out of the Wild series before it started. Would Darling have also won us that series in 4 games? Maybe, but guess what, we'll never know. To be fair though, I also am not a Crow fan and would prefer Darling, but that's beside the point.

Extreme over-use of the word idiot is the point.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
A. Stralman was drafted as an 18 year old. Nakladal ? Not so much

B. Stralman played in the NHL at age 21. Nakladal? Not so much.

I thought you'd at least go with a Rafalski analogy. Probably not old enough, eh?

What does either of your points have to do with the question posed? Thought you'd at least offer a relevant argument. Probably not.. Ah, we know the answer to that one, eh?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad