Blackhawks a finalist for Czech Nakladal (Upd: signed w/ CGY)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Don't see why 27 yr old RHD would sign with Hawks unless he gets 1 way deal

In Carolina he could step right into NHL role ,, With Hawks and Flames he may end up in AHL

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
At this point it's pretty clear Stan is just giving Q as many options for cheap young players as possible and letting him make his choice.

A plan I far prefer to him resigning players far past their best-before *cough*Handzus*cough**cough*Rozsival*cough*

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
At this point it's pretty clear Stan is just giving Q as many options for cheap young players as possible and letting him make his choice.

A plan I far prefer to him resigning players far past their best-before *cough*Handzus*cough**cough*Rozsival*cough*

Also much better then Stan's plan of trading high value assets for failed NHL talent (Rundblad)

And the 3 years of Rozy for Hawks was solid pickup by Stan. Not sure why you are so upset with it given Hawks won cup and advanced to WCF last 2 years with help from Rozy

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Also much better then Stan's plan of trading high value assets for failed NHL talent (Rundblad)

And the 3 years of Rozy for Hawks was solid pickup by Stan. Not sure why you are so upset with it given Hawks won cup and advanced to WCF last 2 years with help from Rozy

If 'with help from' means 'in spite of' through 2013/2014-2014/2015 then you may have a point.

I do love how a walking liability that managed to stop vomiting all over himself for all of 5 games suddenly became a norris candidate hero on these forums. :laugh:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Chances are, if you aren't playing in North America by 27....you're just not making it in the NHL. He is hardly "young".

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
If 'with help from' means 'in spite of' through 2013/2014-2014/2015 then you may have a point.

I do love how a walking liability that managed to stop vomiting all over himself for all of 5 games suddenly became a norris candidate hero on these forums. :laugh:

Say what you want about Rozsival this season (and I wouldn't disagree with it, he was brutal but was still sadly our 5th best defenseman from all the crap we've had to watch minus Timonen who hasn't really gotten much ice time and Rundblad showing flashes at times and of course his solid play in the playoffs) but he was damn solid in the Hawks shortened cup season. I still think Q should've rested him more this year, but hindsight is 20/20.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Don't know much about him, but options are options. The more bullets we have to potentially use in our reload, the better.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Say what you want about Rozsival this season (and I wouldn't disagree with it, he was brutal but was still sadly our 5th best defenseman from all the crap we've had to watch minus Timonen who hasn't really gotten much ice time and Rundblad showing flashes at times and of course his solid play in the playoffs) but he was damn solid in the Hawks shortened cup season. I still think Q should've rested him more this year, but hindsight is 20/20.

Rozy was a good acquisition. Stan stuck with him one year too many, but that doesn't diminish his prior contributions.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
Chances are, if you aren't playing in North America by 27....you're just not making it in the NHL. He is hardly "young".

Miss-imformed statement.

Firstly, many players chose not to play in the NHL.

Secondly, d-men,especially defensive d-men, can take a while to develop.

This player may well be a decent defensive type d-man and great penalty killer.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Miss-imformed statement.

Firstly, many players chose not to play in the NHL.

Secondly, d-men,especially defensive d-men, can take a while to develop.

This player may well be a decent defensive type d-man and great penalty killer.

A. Not misinformed, the odds are overwhelmingly in his camp.

B. Then you would know of him, i.e. dominating some Euro league.

C. Agreed

D. He may be the next Randy Gregg, but the odds are very overwhelmingly against it.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Right, but if there's three different clubs interested there's obviously something there.

Plenty of guys that could hack it on a bottom pairing in the NHL decided to make more money playing at home instead of riding buses and paying dues over here.

No risk limited reward. No issue with seeing what the guy can do.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
If another team wants him, he's probably worth getting. Hawks be Yankeein'

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I don't know much about him and I'm aware of our wealth in terms of RHDs, but I'd be happy if he signed with us.

It's nice to have options in place, and you have to admire the fact that players want to play here. Whether it's because of the organization, coaching staff, current roster, geographical location, or simply a great fan-base; we should take pride in the fact that players like Nakladal, Kero, and Baun all want to take a chance with us. Feels good.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
A

He may be the next Randy Gregg, but the odds are very overwhelmingly against it.

The odds of a 7th round pick making it in the NHL is low, yet you don't punt the pick.

Troy Brouwer was such a pick and we got decent production from him and turned him into a 1st round pick.

Signing this guy is a decent lottery pick for nothing.

Zero reason to be negative about it.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
The odds of a 7th round pick making it in the NHL is low, yet you don't punt the pick.

Troy Brouwer was such a pick and we got decent production from him and turned him into a 1st round pick.

Signing this guy is a decent lottery pick for nothing.

Zero reason to be negative about it.

Not being negative, just disinterested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad