Blackhawks a finalist for Czech Nakladal (Upd: signed w/ CGY)

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
What does either of your points have to do with the question posed? Thought you'd at least offer a relevant argument. Probably not.. Ah, we know the answer to that one, eh?

No, you made the irrelevant player comparisons.

Their paths couldn't be more dissimilar.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
No, you made the irrelevant player comparisons.

Their paths couldn't be more dissimilar.

Oh it was completely relevant. It's not a shock to anyone that it went over your head though.

Stralman was a 7th round pick that no one thought, 5 years ago, would last in the NHL, much less be an NHL regular and even further less be a top-pairing Dman.

Guys don't always get better and some guys manage to improve a lot in the mid-late 20s. The fact that he wasn't drafted means nothing at this point. Whether you're a first round pick, a seventh or not drafted at all, it only matters what you do post-draft and obviously team's see something in him, and their expertise means just a tad more than yours or mine - but especially yours.

Periwinkle

Apr 3, 2014
Huh, missed this thread. He played for my team this year but honesty the whole organisation is in such a sad state so I barely watched any games this year, so I can't give any opinion if you missed out or not. He was good in the Worlds, though.

Just to settle the question, Turku was indeed terrible for most of the season, has been for some time now, although historically it is one of the most succesful franchises in FEL. Only bright spot was the 18 yo rookie Mikko Rantanen, who was the team's best player in the spring, which should tell you something.

EDIT: Although I wouldn't read too much into him "going from KHL to a bad FEL team" concerning his career trajectory, his KHL team went bankrupt late in the off-season and TPS was able to poach him probably thanks to the KHL team's head coach's Turku connections.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad