Post-Game Talk: Blackhawks 6, Bryan Rust 3, Penguins 0 - At Least It Wasn't 10-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Or even just show up!
iwTsfS9.gif

Malkin...like wtf is that dude even doing.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
My biggest takeaway from this game is just the Pens having the worst luck. Rust finally comes alive and Geno, Phil, Sid, and Letang can't net a single goal. The powerplay was ass. Nobody else can do a thing. We have wasted 2 hattricks this year. It's so frustrating. That's how the year has gone. It's so ****ing frustrating.
I don’t think bad luck has anything to do with it. A sorry effort isn’t luck, it’s being lazy and unprepared.

Reactions: Angrrus

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Malkin has been pure shit. Takes the worst penalties.

Letang passed the puck to whoever he feels like at the time.

Kessel has just been a pure dumpster fire. The dude looks like he’s afraid to shoot the puck. He may be the worst player on the team right now.

Crosby looks good but I hate that 100% of his game is below the goal line. He’s need to find ways to shoot more. He set up Guentzel and Brassard a bunch tonight but they couldn’t finish.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
They were beer league level in their own end tonight.
Sid cooling off with Geno playing the way that he is makes it really tough to win hockey games 5on5.

Sheahan needs to piss off. They'll never go anywhere with him playing a pivotal role here.

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Team is an embarrassment, plain and simple.

Casual fans have to tune into these nationally televised games and think the themselves “WTF is all the hype over the Penguins? THIS team won back to back Cups a couple years ago??? They look like a local beer league team, stumbling, bumbling and fumbling all over the ice”.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Sid was ok, not great. Malkin sucked. Kessel sucked. Letang ok.

I would have loved to see a small tinker in the line-up, Sullivan is even incapable of f***ing doing that.

Pearson-Sheahan-Rust, make that the 3rd line.

Hell at this point, try Guentzel-Crosby-Dea and Brassard, Malkin, Kessel.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
My biggest takeaway from this game is just the Pens having the worst luck. Rust finally comes alive and Geno, Phil, Sid, and Letang can't net a single goal. The powerplay was ass. Nobody else can do a thing. We have wasted 2 hattricks this year. It's so frustrating. That's how the year has gone. It's so ****ing frustrating.

Only because we discussed it and I'd love for others to chime in: Name a time in his career where Evgeni Malkin has been this bad (play, effort, temper, everything) for this long (6 weeks). Anyone?

@ColePens mentioned 2015, which is true, but Geno had a bad ankle and kept coming back too early. But, the effort and heart were there. He just couldn't skate. And, ever since then, JR's first year here, the organization has been VERY proactive when it comes to sitting Geno when he's hurt.

Can anyone think of another time? I mean, 6 weeks of this crap with what, maybe 3 or 4 total good periods . . . maybe? As I said in the GDT, of all of this team's issues, the Geno issue probably has become the biggest. It's a defcon-1 level crisis.

A few of us asked for Sully to juggle. I don't know if it will work, but I wonder if a Therrien approach of trying something and then trying something else quickly if it doesn't work isn't worth trying. I just wonder if it might behoove Sully to be a little more proactive/creative here. Even if it doesn't work, it's been so bad for so long, get a little more aggressive about trying anything.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
The team is so frustrating in the empty net situation. They constantly play the puck in traffic rather than passing to the open areas. It drives me crazy.
They suck as a team along the walls. No one helps out, and when they finally get the puck free they still have to skate to open areas, and they're usually gassed.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
to lose to a Blackhawks team like this one is indicative of a total lack of heart from most of the team.

Rust gets the only not-minus tonight. the rest of the team deserves a scowl at best and a punch in the face at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad