Blackhawk say ducks were biggest obstacle to cup

goosemooseduck

Mar 19, 2009
Now it's not a given that we'll take the same path as Detroit but it is encouraging that such a precedent has been established.

The only established precedent I can see is that the Ducks lose game 7 after being up 3-2. Repeatedly.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I think the only thing this really indicates is that Toewes and Blackhawks aren't a bunch of arrogant "Yeah we knew we had it all the way" tools.

They respect to a good team. It was close to a coin flip and they came out ahead.

Like many have said, I think we wore down worse than they did because of all the OT games. If we win one of those, or even lose them earlier, I think we have a better chance in game 6 & 7, and win the series.

Kesler and Getzlaf especially looked winded in the 2nd half of the series.

I will never forget how Toewes started getting away with those faceoffs shenanigans either. I know Kesler is a dirty MF, but the way he cheated and put all his weight on kesler back every faceoff was wrong too.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I think the only thing this really indicates is that Toewes and Blackhawks aren't a bunch of arrogant "Yeah we knew we had it all the way" tools.

They respect to a good team. It was close to a coin flip and they came out ahead.

Like many have said, I think we wore down worse than they did because of all the OT games. If we win one of those, or even lose them earlier, I think we have a better chance in game 6 & 7, and win the series.

Kesler and Getzlaf especially looked winded in the 2nd half of the series.

I will never forget how Toewes started getting away with those faceoffs shenanigans either. I know Kesler is a dirty MF, but the way he cheated and put all his weight on kesler back every faceoff was wrong too.

If we'd won of the two OT games we lost there wouldn't have been a game 6 or 7.

TheJoeMan

In Bob We Trust
I guess BM doesn't have to do anything to improve the team. Stats say Ducks gonna be 2016 champs.

Whether you agree with the moves he has made or not that's exactly what he's done over the last month. I don't get this notion that he has work to do or that hasn't done enough. He's made four trades, two free agent signings and a major re-signing since the end of the playoffs. The idea was to make the team better, believe it or not.

vavera4ka

Quack! Quack!
Dec 27, 2014
twitter.com
All of them were also better teams than current Ducks.

I guess BM doesn't have to do anything to improve the team. Stats say Ducks gonna be 2016 champs.

Ducks don't have to be better than previous champions, they have to better than their immediate competition.

and Ducks were at a unique position that even staying put they had a good chance of becoming that much better just by virtue of young guys being one year older. Right after they were almost good enough to beat an elite team.
What BM did was at least lateral movements. Then intangibles like new scenery, finally playing for a competitor, etc come into play.
we will not know how much better (or worse) this team is until we see at least a dozen of games.
This team (few moves ago) was almost as good as current champion (one of the best if not the best team of the past decade), at times it looked better. So your "current team is worse" is at least speculation, at most bitter opinion.
It has as much (and as little) merit as my "trend" of the WCF loser's next year success that was put out there half jokingly.
But I guess for some things like that have to be spelled out... here it is...

It is a neat trend that is fun to look at and makes for a nice trivia question. It also gives some hope and food for thought in the absence of actual ice action while all anyone can do is speculate and ask "is it October yet" every 5 minutes.

here. is it better?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes