Movies: Black Widow - heading to Disney +

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
The movie is now in principal photography and looks like one of the villains will be Taskmaster with the second being a Russian general. Or at least that is the speculation from pics from on set.

Set pics of Taskmaster who

Black-Widow-Set-Photo-1.jpg

Black-Widow-Movie-Taskmaster-Set-Photo-62.jpg

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
David Harbour in the mcu is something I didn't realise I needed

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm glad they made this film.

Marvel's been moving increasingly into insane cosmic CGI worlds so a little real world grittyness is welcome.

Last edited:

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I'm glad they made this film.

Marvel's been moving increasingly into insane cosmic CGI worlds so a little real world grittyness is welcome.
One of my top 2 MCU movies is CA : The Winter Soldier

So yeah I'm really psyched for this one

Plus, David Harbour is in this, so bonus points

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
One of my top 2 MCU movies is CA : The Winter Soldier

My top MCU film for sure.

Unfortunately they've given the new Black Widow (Florence Pugh) a Russian accent, which is fine in principle, but its hard to maintain throughout an entire film if it isn't natural.

I was very glad that Scarlet Witch dropped the accent because it was painful to listen to at times. Hopefully they'll allow Yelena Belova to do the same if they go ahead with the character after this film.

Last edited:
Reactions: Power Man

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
My top MCU film for sure.

Unfortunately they've given the new Black Widow (Florence Pugh) a Russian accent, which is fine in principle, but its hard to maintain throughout an entire film if it isn't natural.

I was very glad that Scarlet Witch dropped the accent because it was painful to listen to at times. Hopefully they'll allow Yelena Belova to do the same if they go ahead with the character after this film.
Personally I prefer the accent as it adds a touch of authenticity (but I agree it's hard to maintain)

I initialy was mad that Romanoff didn't have a Russian accent, but her based on her background in the MCU it makes sense

(My other favorite MCU movie is IW, didn't care much for EG)

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
As a big budget, more grounded action and stunt based film, I think it has the potential to do well, but, it interestingly falls between the next James Bond film and Fast and Furious franchise on the calendar.

There's probably a lot of overlap. All three have some level of interest to me, but I doubt I'll see all three in the theater, and at this stage, hard to tell which one(s) will get my money.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
As a big budget, more grounded action and stunt based film, I think it has the potential to do well, but, it interestingly falls between the next James Bond film and Fast and Furious franchise on the calendar.

There's probably a lot of overlap. All three have some level of interest to me, but I doubt I'll see all three in the theater, and at this stage, hard to tell which one(s) will get my money.

I'd bet that "Black Widow" ends up being a better movie than the Bond sequel, and DEFINITELY better than whatever Fast and Furious movie comes out.

I think it's a smart creative decision to make a movie like this after the extravaganza that was IW and Endgame. Gotta dial it down a little bit

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Trailer looks really good, but Black Widow just like Han Solo are two characters who shouldn't have an origin movie as both need a mysterious past to make them who they are today. So I am still on the fence concerning this, but will give it a chance.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Looks like it will be a good spy/thriller type movie. Her cleaning up her past after Civil War with lots of action and some MCU comedy of course.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Trailer looks really good, but Black Widow just like Han Solo are two characters who shouldn't have an origin movie as both need a mysterious past to make them who they are today. So I am still on the fence concerning this, but will give it a chance.

Thing is, even in the comics she does not have a particularly mysterious past. A fair bit is know about her training, where she came from, in the comics we know she was actually married to the Red Guardian for a while and we also know she has a sort of knock off of the winter soldier's serum that allows her to age very slowly but no real healing factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad