NFL: Black Monday 2021 (Gase, Lynn, Marrone, & Pederson fired)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Looks like Dan Quinn is the leader for the Cowboys d coordinator job. What makes this interesting is this is a coach McCarthy didn't work with before.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
As I mentioned earlier or elsewhere, Jeff Lurie wasn’t particularly impressed with Doug’s vision last year. The result was hiring a bunch of coaches he didn’t want. And we saw how that turned out

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
As I mentioned earlier or elsewhere, Jeff Lurie wasn’t particularly impressed with Doug’s vision last year. The result was hiring a bunch of coaches he didn’t want. And we saw how that turned out
And when you see the breakdown of his run, this is hard to argue. It's important to remember he's coaching in a very bad division and only had one truly good season.

7-9
13-3 - Super Bowl
9-7 - wild card round win
9-7 - wild card round loss
4-11-1 - complete mess

Reactions: Voight

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And when you see the breakdown of his run, this is hard to argue. It's important to remember he's coaching in a very bad division and only had one truly good season.

7-9
13-3 - Super Bowl
4-11-1 - complete mess
Even with these results, it has a lot more to do with dysfunction within the brain trust getting them to this point. The complete mess of it is a bigger factor than 4-11-1. And you could see it coming, I think I said it on the survival thread that they were set up for this.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Pederson to the Jets makes a ton of sense.

But, if this is choosing Wentz over Pederson, it's a bad move. Wentz looked broken this year.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC

7-9
13-3 - Super Bowl
4-11-1 - complete mess

The team was ravaged by injuries the last few seasons. Him going 9-7 last season was remarkable all things considered.
Also, he won a Super Bowl with a backup QB who stunk everywhere else.

He has his faults no doubt and his act in the final game was a disgrace but somebody will scoop him up pretty quick.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The more time passed, the more it looked like Frank Reich was the mastermind behind the Eagles offense.

Him also taking the Colts to the playoffs 2 of his first 3 seasons would indicate that even more. If i'm Philly, Roseman is gone too

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
not buying some of the BS from talking heads. if they win W17 or don't make it look like they are doing everything to lose it, he still has a job.

i don't think a lot of the veteran players could ever look him in the eye again after that. he probably only had 1 more year anyway, unless he turned the team around which seems really unlikely given their situation.

Reactions: Voight

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
He won a Super Bowl three years ago, but would you say they are trending up or down since then? Does it look like he was ready to help them be contenders next season?

He coached an awful injury plagued team to the division just last year.

Regardless, he will get a HC job very quickly.

Atlanta. Jets. Chargers. Jags.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I'm sure that tank game wasn't the foremost reason for his firing and that it wasn't strictly his call, but there's no way that crap didn't add fuel to the fire. Can't say I don't feel a little vindicated considering all that people who tried to justify that decision during and after the game last week.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I'm late to the news of Doug getting sacked. He will find another job quickly. He isn't the main issue here, but I think this means Wentz is staying.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
In the future, the Eagles will have to pay for Wentz either way, may it be his salary or the cap hit. So letting the HC go who will not be able to utilize Wentz in any case does make sense.

Gruß,
BSHH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad