NFL: Black Monday 2021 (Gase, Lynn, Marrone, & Pederson fired)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Both good moves.

Schotty Jr has always been a hack going back to his days as the Jets OC. His offense didn't set those records, Russell Wilson and DJ Metcalf did.

As for Pagano. As crude as it is to say i think cancer might have been the best thing to happen to his career.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Both good moves.

Schotty Jr has always been a hack going back to his days as the Jets OC. His offense didn't set those records, Russell Wilson and DJ Metcalf did.

As for Pagano. As crude as it is to say i think cancer might have been the best thing to happen to his career.
Too bad Seattle didn’t move off Norton as well. D needs help. Tackling look poor at times this season.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Both good moves.

Schottenheimer, just like his dad used way too much Marty Ball which came back to bite them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Schottenheimer, just like his dad used way too much Marty Ball which came back to bite them.
Running the ball is fine. But his schemes and patterns for the receiving core was too basic. If Russ didn’t buy time it would have to be a very quick short pass or it would go incomplete.

disappointed that Norton was not relieved as well.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Not a Bears fan but that Chicago PC is something else. Wow. Similar to the PC the Canadiens used to have for the past couple of years (i.e., Bergevin/Molson contradicting themselves onstage and making things worse).

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Both good moves.

How is firing just Schotty and not Carroll a good move? Its Carroll that has held back the offense with his run first, conservative approach that doesnt work in todays NFL.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
How is firing just Schotty and not Carroll a good move? Its Carroll that has held back the offense with his run first, conservative approach that doesnt work in todays NFL.
You can run first, like Shanahan in SF. But, you can't be that basic, which is Seattle's issue. From the time Carroll arrived he played basic O and D. But, the D had elite talent that they found on day 3 of the NFL draft. Chancellor, Sherman, Wright, along with All Pro Wagner in round 2, and quality depth in Maxwell, Thurmond, Lane etc. Offence lacked the explosive player. So, Pete kept it simple.

Talent on D has gotten worse, but they still play their cover 3. Simple works when you have the talent to execute it. Seattle does not now.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia

It worked fine, when we had Marshawn.
The thing is you want Carroll around for most what he does. Players love coming to Seattle because of him and his culture.
The downside is as you say; he meddles in the offense and is responsible for the dumb sideline shit that we see every game. The whole fanbase would like to get someone like Mike McDaniel in as OC but we're nervous that Pete's meddling will scare off the best candidates.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
It worked fine, when we had Marshawn.
The thing is you want Carroll around for most what he does. Players love coming to Seattle because of him and his culture.
The downside is as you say; he meddles in the offense and is responsible for the dumb sideline shit that we see every game. The whole fanbase would like to get someone like Mike McDaniel in as OC but we're nervous that Pete's meddling will scare off the best candidates.
If Carroll let’s the OC do his job they would be fine. Need to be more creative. But he seems to like basic. If you are more talented then that can work. But Seattle isn’t that ahead in talent anymore. If you don’t find talent from round 3 onwards you won’t be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad