Online Series: Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Interactive Netflix Movie) - OUT NOW!

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The Black Mirror series is AMAZING and they will be releasing an interactive movie just before the new season comes outs. Apparently there is 5 hours of footage and you dictate what happens in the movie.

Netflix may be preparing to drop this sucker in a couple days (the 28th if rumors are true).

The latest reported details on “Black Mirror: Bandersnatch” are the most clear-cut yet. The movie’s alleged official plot description reads: “A young programmer makes a fantasy novel into a game. Soon, reality and virtual world are mixed and start to create confusion.” That “Bandersnatch” would be set in the world of video games lines up with recent fan theories, as “Bandersnatch” was the name of a video game listed in the Season 3 episode “Playtest,” directed by Dan Trachtenberg and starring Wyatt Russell. Additionally, “Bandersnatch” was a video game developed in real life by Imagine Software in 1984, but it was never released to the public.

‘Black Mirror: Bandersnatch’ Page Goes Live on Netflix and It’s a Movie, Reportedly Has Five Hours of Footage

Can't wait....

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
oh man. im not sure what to think. the idea sounds nice.
but black mirror is so damn dark. messes with my head badly. not sure i wanna replay a movie to go through different scenarios if its as hardcore as the show. but of course, i cant know that yet. will wait and watch when its out.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
if its choose your own adventure, then I might have to spring for a Netflix sub cause I normally get Black Mirror.... a different way XD

EDIT: never mind, one of my burner emails had a "enjoy another free trial" in it :D

Last edited:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
This is going to be so f***ing awesome. My girlfriend and I are obsessed with Black Mirror. Easily in my top 5 favorite series ever, despite it not even having that many episodes. We've been so eagerly waiting for the next season.

I saw that Netflix has something similar with a Minecraft movie, but I can't imagine that it will be quite as gripping as Black Mirror.... lol.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Man, I can't wait for this one!!!

We stayed up last night refreshing Netflix every couple minutes waiting for this, but it wasn't on there by 12:15, so we decided to just watch Bird Box.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
also it has a clever way of looping you back if you want to see other endings. the black Mirror reddit page has mapped what appears to be most/all of the paths and it seems like in the 90 minutes I spent on it, I saw MOST of what it had to offer. I missed a couple alternate paths, and only 1 ending I havent seen

just a masterful piece of TV

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Man, I can't wait for this one!!!

We stayed up last night refreshing Netflix every couple minutes waiting for this, but it wasn't on there by 12:15, so we decided to just watch Bird Box.

Hahaha i did the same damn thing. Then as soon as the movie ended one of my kids woke up literally screaming that he didn’t feel good, so i made a very late night pharmacy run for children’s cough syrup.

Bird Box was very good though

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Can someone help me figure out why (major spoilers, obviously, so unhide at your own risk, I guess?)

Some endings don't offer you a 'go back' option? I've seen two endings that do this. One, where I decided to go with Stefan's mom, because I wanted to see what would happen. And another time where you kill the dad, dial the numbers, and threaten Haynes. Each of these endings did not offer me a go back option. It, instead, did the Netflix thing where the show you're currently watching goes into the top-left corner, and it's next suggested title begins it's autoplay countdown.

Every other ending I found had a "Go Back" option of some kind.

e: Okay, so via a flowchart I've found, it appears that those two timelines have 'hard ends'. I think I've hit every possibility.

It was a lot of fun, and some of the endings are true Black Mirror, others are more fun, like when you choose the 'meta Netflix' path. Overall, I think it was a really cool concept. In terms of Black Mirror episodes though, I think it'll fall outside the top-5 for me.

Last edited:

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Can someone help me figure out why (major spoilers, obviously, so unhide at your own risk, I guess?)

Some endings don't offer you a 'go back' option? I've seen two endings that do this. One, where I decided to go with Stefan's mom, because I wanted to see what would happen. And another time where you kill the dad, dial the numbers, and threaten Haynes. Each of these endings did not offer me a go back option. It, instead, did the Netflix thing where the show you're currently watching goes into the top-left corner, and it's next suggested title begins it's autoplay countdown.

Every other ending I found had a "Go Back" option of some kind.

e: Okay, so via a flowchart I've found, it appears that those two timelines have 'hard ends'. I think I've hit every possibility.

It was a lot of fun, and some of the endings are true Black Mirror, others are more fun, like when you choose the 'meta Netflix' path. Overall, I think it was a really cool concept. In terms of Black Mirror episodes though, I think it'll fall outside the top-5 for me.

it seems from the reddit map, theres a few "true endings"

Last edited:
Reactions: silverfish

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Hahaha i did the same damn thing. Then as soon as the movie ended one of my kids woke up literally screaming that he didn’t feel good, so i made a very late night pharmacy run for children’s cough syrup.

Bird Box was very good though
Yeah, Bird Box was definitely an interesting movie. I would like to read the book, but I kind of spoiled it for myself after reading about it on wiki, lol.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Holy f*** the path where you get to

tell Stefan he's being controlled by someone on Netflix

is f***ing hilarious

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Cool concept but they're not the first ones to do it.

Didn't really enjoy much of the story personally. I really hope season 5 is better than season 4 and personally this "film".

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I'm not going to cheat, and look up some flowchart, or read other people's solutions to find all endings.

And, I imagine that I'm going to be the only one that's not that impressed with the episode.

Lots of wasted time watching the same thing over and over.

Instead of being able to FF a whopping 10 seconds at a time, they should have it where you can FF to "new scenes" or "choose" options.

I was bored shitless after a few hours.

SeidoN

Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Lots of wasted time watching the same thing over and over.

Instead of being able to FF a whopping 10 seconds at a time, they should have it where you can FF to "new scenes" or "choose" options.

this is literally how it works. I saw 4 out of the 5 endings in one 90 minute run and saw barely anything multiple times. never felt like I was watching the same stuff over and over

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad