Online Series: Black Mirror: Bandersnatch (Interactive Netflix Movie) - OUT NOW!

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

For anyone that thinks Black Mirror was the first to do this concept.

The only difference is that Late Shift was classified as a "video game" and was purchasable on steam.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I certainly found it interesting.

Only found one of the hard endings so far. Have no idea where the other one is.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
By my count, there are 9 unique endings, but multiple ways to get to them. Please correct anything here that's wrong.

In bold are the endings I believe to be "hard endings", that don't allow you to return or make another choice.

1. You work with them. Game gets published. 0/5
2. Stefan jumps instead of Colin
3. Leap out the window during fight scene, and freakout
4. Get carried out of fight scene by dad yelling about your friend from the future
5. In jail, no Bandersnatch
6. In jail, 2.5 stars Bandersnatch
7. In jail, 5 stars Bandersnatch - extra scene for modern day revival
8. Go with mom
9. Enter the numbers and threaten the receptionist.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
First play though i ended up with the five star title and Pearl doing the modern day Netflix reboot. It took about an hour.

Started off innocent with the choices and it started ramping up the intensity quickly. I liked that the timer on the choices went faster as the story progressed. Or maybe it just felt that way due to tension. Either way, it was fun. The finish seemed extremely rushed and inadequate. I had a “that’s it?” Moment when it was all said and done.

I liked the first time i was given the same choice twice in a 30 second span, it was cleverly done, but it gets increasingly clear that they start recycling scenes and choices, which was annoying.

Love the concept, but the execution was lacking.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

For anyone that thinks Black Mirror was the first to do this concept.

The only difference is that Late Shift was classified as a "video game" and was purchasable on steam.

Well yea, video games have been doing this for awhile...but not movies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Late Shift is as much as a movie as is The Bandersnatch.
I guess, but I never heard of it and i dont think many others have either. This will be the first "big" one since it's on netflix. Going to assume we will start seeing a lot of these after this movie until the craze is over.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
lol at people saying "Black Mirror wasnt the first to do this"

link me to where BM or Charlie Brooker said it was

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
seriously, who the **** cares?
if thats your only concern about the movie, then its good.
I'd disagree. I would consider it in the bottom tier for Black Mirror. The entire plot is really empty and there is not much to it.

Really the only scene I enjoyed was when Colin was talking about his conspiracies.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
In terms of story, yeah it fell a little flat for me. I just thought the experience was really cool. but im looking forward to more properly crafted stories with dark twists

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Protip: If you don't make any active selections, I believe that the movie will just take you through all of the endings by itself.

Doesn't mean you'll like it though. Imo this one was a swing and a miss for Black Mirror.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Pretty lame tbh. Way too many "choices" that are dead ends. Which I get was the point of the story, but it does a horrid job of storytelling, which is the greatest strength of this show.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
One of the weaker episodes IMO. The gimmick was entertaining at first, but wore thin IMO. I also wasn't a big fan of the lead actor's performance.

I also didn't know what the hell was going on at a certain point. There was a point where I thought it was over and then it just kept going:

I got the jail ending, and then saw the "go back to Netflix" button or something similar in the top right corner. Instead I answered another question that popped up. It led me on a trail that felt bizarre and out of sequence. It did lead me to my favorite part of the show though: you get the stuffed toy back and the mom says that the train was still delayed and if you wanted to come. I answered "yes" and it led to a nice little emotional scene where you ride the train with the mom knowing it's going to crash. Thought it would have been cool if it ended there but then it pulls out to the lead character dying in the therapist's office. Becomes less effective considering they did something similar in Playtest.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
One of the weaker episodes IMO. The gimmick was entertaining at first, but wore thin IMO. I also wasn't a big fan of the lead actor's performance.

I also didn't know what the hell was going on at a certain point. There was a point where I thought it was over and then it just kept going:

I got the jail ending, and then saw the "go back to Netflix" button or something similar in the top right corner. Instead I answered another question that popped up. It led me on a trail that felt bizarre and out of sequence. It did lead me to my favorite part of the show though: you get the stuffed toy back and the mom says that the train was still delayed and if you wanted to come. I answered "yes" and it led to a nice little emotional scene where you ride the train with the mom knowing it's going to crash. Thought it would have been cool if it ended there but then it pulls out to the lead character dying in the therapist's office. Becomes less effective considering they did something similar in Playtest.
That was just one of the different endings. Sometimes they go back to certain parts and let you play it out differently.

In a recent article they said next season will be focused more on optimistic episodes and stories rather than negative ones...

Really seems like theyre taking blackmirror away from its roots which is a shame.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
That was just one of the different endings. Sometimes they go back to certain parts and let you play it out differently.

In a recent article they said next season will be focused more on optimistic episodes and stories rather than negative ones...

Really seems like theyre taking blackmirror away from its roots which is a shame.

that sucks. people were probably offended

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I was interested but would have much preferred another black mirror episode or two rather than this. Or a proper movie. The gimmick was fun for a little bit. I pretty much hated it 30 minutes in. My patience wears thin pretty quick though.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I enjoy Bandersnatch quite a lot. My girlfriend and I are having fun going through the different pathways. We've been through each of the endings by now.

I really enjoyed Colin's monologue as well.

It is possible to get a variation of one of the no-release in-jail ending where the game doesn't get released. You can hang up on Stefan's boss, which triggers him to visit Stefan's house instead of Colin/Kitty. It slightly changes the ending and adds an interesting little scene.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->