Black Friday Massacre Sens @ Panthers

harvey

Jun 5, 2006
Ottawa
this is a young team coming off a major win. I expected a let down. nothing to worry about, carry on. i have no worries at all about the progress of this team. sorry guys.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Spezza talk is so pointless. He didn't want to be here. Get over it. You'll have to one day.

I don't think anyone is saying bring back spezza

What ppl are saying is that we need a number 1 center this reminds me of the days where we had white as our top center

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Is this what I've been saying. And that it's a bad idea to have these goalies keep us middle of the pack long term.

You want to bottom out and hope we win the draft..
Here whats wrong with that... you finish last you only have a 25 percent chance of winning 1st overall. Also look at how many franchise players or at least good players are picked up by teams that dont finish low in the draft. You have to have faith that the scouting will find these players. Most importantly though is that you risk bringing a losing mentality and ending up missing the playoffs for 9 years. Lets add that to the fact that most of the time the fans in ottawa dont show up to games when the team is terrible leading to less revenue. I dont even want to take the risk of ending up like Atlanta or Edmonton

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
you're hired. start tomorrow

Show up at this address tomorrow at 8:30 sharp: 1000 Palladium Dr, Ottawa, ON K2V 1A5. Go to the office just inside the gray doors near the small parking lot at the back (facing the car dealership). Ask for Pierre, he'll have your paper work ready to go. There's a buzzer at those gray doors. Don't worry if it takes a while for someone to answer, just bang on the door for a while until someone lets you in.

Oh, and dress sharp, you've got a big day ahead of you. Welcome aboard.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Anderson was unfrikinbelievable. Sad to see we didn't win it for him.

Yea, Karlsson was very bad on game winning goal but aside from that he was only thing keeping us afloat in any puck possession and break-out ability. He also made many great defensive plays.

Nah, both offense and defense are to blame equally. No use in pointing to one more than the other after a game like tonight.

Yea, I can see where you're coming from.

No, you can't be happy with that performance but who didn't expect there would be nights like this?

Exactly. We aren't a powerhouse team so nights like this expected.... btw, even teams like Chicago play as poorly as we did tonight.

Montreal just lost to Buffalo.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Can we get a time machine and send Andy back to lace them up against Jersey in 03?

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 28s29 seconds ago

"We have a very good goalie ... The rest of the group not even close to being acceptable," said coach Paul MacLean. #Sens

nice

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I won't bother reading the board too much but what was really magnified for me was a total lack of chemistry throughout the whole line-up. MacLean better go with what worked before instead of line juggling or it will... I would say cost him his job but this is a year without expectations (given the overall experience and payroll) so I can't really say that.

I understand and expect inconsistency with a young inexperienced team but the sense of emergency only was felt on a few *****. Defense (that includes Andy) were left defending alone. Where were the forwards on 3 lines except the Legwand line? And the bench changes in the 2nd, totally disorganized and total lack of structure on the ice.

I'm guessing all the line juggling is to get some players out of their funk but I will repeat again to MacLean : stick with what works and let the guys figure it out themselves...

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Zibanejad-Chiasson
Hoffman-Lazar-Stone
Legwand-Smith-Neil/Condra

Only chance to make the playoffs IMO. (ok I know Zibanejad wasn't playing but I don't like the current lines at all)

I agree with your lines and hope Michalek can be a second line winger again but I have my doubts. I hope Puempel improves quickly to become the sniper we need to replace Michalek or push him down the lineup.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Every team in the league can look good for a handful of games. This is the Era of Parity, after all.

One game ≠ a sustainable 82 game forecast.

Dont tell me the players were ready to compete

When its 2 or 3 thats probably individually

But when the whole team embarrasse the franchise like this...

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I don't think anyone is saying bring back spezza

What ppl are saying is that we need a number 1 center this reminds me of the days where we had white as our top center

I agree but the only way this team gets a number one centre is to draft one. He's not in the system right now. Maybe lightning strikes and the Sens win the draft lottery.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I agree with your lines and hope Michalek can be a second line winger again but I have my doubts. I hope Puempel improves quickly to become the sniper we need to replace Michalek or push him down the lineup.

michalek is the guy that sticks out there imo. If he could be replaced with a real top 6 LW we are so much better.

bonehead

May 27, 2002
Visit site
After watching the St. Louis game I really wanted to believe that this was a team that could compete with anyone. Seems to be more of a case of St Louis taking their foot off the gas. After tonight I agree with all those who are pointing at a lack of any semblance of a defensive system. I also fully agree with those who point to a lack of talent. All in all it's a pretty disturbing combination.

People say "we did it once" and think "we can do", but this is just like golf. Weekend golfers can put together a good round once in a while, but the top pros do it day after day. That consistency is what defines quality.

If Ottawa were a good team now, they'd be able to do it regularly, not just 20 minutes here, 30 minutes there, and otherwise pray for great goaltending. I'm not worried about where we are, more that management will try to fool us into thinking we're further ahead than we really are and do things to keep that illusion alive. Did anyone really understand why they traded for Hemsky last year? (Or re-sign Michalek or Phillips this year? Or sign Legwand?)

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'm actually surprised there's this much frustration. Yea, it was a brutalll game but if you look at predictions from beginning of the season by some posters, games like tonight were supposed to be common, yet huge uproar when it finally happens?

michalek is the guy that sticks out there imo. If he could be replaced with a real top 6 LW we are so much better.

Definitely. A top 6, Methot and Pageau instead of Legwand and this team is completely different, imo.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
this is a young team coming off a major win. I expected a let down. nothing to worry about, carry on. i have no worries at all about the progress of this team. sorry guys.

Maybe best post here...young team, heads pumped up I guess, but what about the vets, what's their excuse? They looked hungover to me. Slow, slow to react, slow to change, etc...

EK is just not good enough right now. Soft, pushed around, forcing the puck/play. We need him to be better if we want a chance to win. The forwards were terrible, guys unaware, leaving the points open, just bad, bad hockey.

What a letdown , just got to forget it and move on...

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
Dump Michalek. Sit Karlsson for a game so other Sens can see what it's like to play without him.

Bring up Pageau and Wideman.

Oh yeah, bring back 11 and have him suit up for next 60 games...

yoplait

May 4, 2011
How many points even strength do Turris, Mac and Chiasson have since being put together? I'm going to assume not more than 2 each. I don't understand how they were still together for this game.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Signing Michalek was a mistake, and I'd really like a do-over on the Ryan trade. We're a budget team, and that cash could have been spread across a few players, letting us push a our non-NHLers off our depth chart.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'm actually surprised there's this much frustration. Yea, it was a brutalll game but if you look at predictions from beginning of the season by some posters, games like tonight were supposed to be common, yet huge uproar when it finally happens?

Definitely. A top 6, Methot and Pageau instead of Legwand and this team is completely different, imo.

yeah, if only pageau instead of legwand was a possibility

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Andy complimenting Neil and ripping team for not playing together. Andy would like to see less oddman rushes lol

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00