Post-Game Talk: Black and Blue Friday in Sunrise. Jets win 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
2xcutvrmn9991.gif

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
This team is for real. They are a very deep and tenacious bunch and now that their top three goalie is back playing like he can we have very few weaknesses. The only thing to me is the pp but that is looking much better with Cole getting comfortable on the top unit which is allowing a lot more wrinkles.

Helle with a well deserved shutout. He was great.

The entire d played a very solid two-way game.

Top line was probably the only line not really going tonight. They got hemmed in a lot tonight. I am looking forward to Vilardi hopefully going back there.

Second line had a good game. They tilted the ice and had a couple good looks prior to Fly's highlight goal. The only nit pick about that line I have is I have started to notice that Namestnikov has a tendency to not shoot when in good position. He's circling back or cutting out looking for the trailer. More often then not that is resulting in a shot from a lower probability area ot the puck is getting cleared. He needs to start shooting more.

Third line. Big game from these guys. Played it physically and were good in there end and got some goals.

Fourth line with a similar game as the third line but without the goals.
At some point, we have to admit that Nino-Lowry-Apples is our second line... given they play 3-4 more mins a game than the Fly line

If Iafallo is the RW, that fourth line has a goal for sure tonight...

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
5/5 Stickmen tonight, Complete game from the Jets tonight, Panthers tried the intimidation game Dilly decided upper cuts were in order. Helle back to Vezina level again deserved bagel, Nik with the sweetest of goals, PK did their job, Gus Bus had a good game, Lurch with a shorty. Folks this team is playing at a high level doing the little things and being rewarded. Keep collecting points and make this a road sweep against the mustard kittens.

5a65dcc4e4a067fc85e1c85a3d8809d0.gif

Last edited:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Good to see Bones showing confidence in Perfetti by having him out there in the last 4 mins with the EN defending a lead. I was watching to see if the previous Bones pattern of sitting him in the final minutes of the game would continue and was happy to see him throw out that line with 4 to go, even if they didn't get a shift due to the Vlad penalty.

One of the best games of the season by the Jets against a very good team. The only complaints I have is that the top line out against Barkov made me clench a bit. Honestly, now I am aboard throwing Vilardi up there as soon as he is healthy.

Lowry line rolling tonight and was our best line.

Ehlers has been feeling it for a couple of games so good to see him get a highlight reel goal.

Good game by the 4th line but they need someone a tier above AJF.

Helle looks to be back. A quality start and over 2 goals saved above expected. I thought Dan Robertson was about to say the word "shutout" with about 30 seconds to go when he said "the Jets will want to do everything now to..." and then saved it by saying "not let pucks to the net".

They had been a bit loose defensively in parts of the last few games so it was great to see this defensive effort tonight. Now lets get Vilardi in the lineup in the next game or two and roll!

Reinhart a complete idiot for dropping the gloves against Dillon. I appreciate the toughness but man you are the leading scorer of the team, if you want to fight go with someone in your weightclass. If one or two of the punches that Reinhart dodged at the beginning of the fight had connected, that could have been ugly for him.

Jets 4-0-0 against Maurice led Panthers.

Last edited:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
@sipowicz -- I hope Ehlers is "finally" out of your doghouse, with that beauty of a goal tonight. I'll say it again, that guy has great NHL burst speed, and can gain entry into the offensive zone, and has a very accurate shot. Why would anybody want to trade a guy of his calibre. Ehlers is a huge talent.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
@sipowicz -- I hope Ehlers is "finally" out of your doghouse, with that beauty of a goal tonight. I'll say it again, that guy has great NHL burst speed, and can gain entry into the offensive zone, and has a very accurate shot. Why would anybody want to trade a guy of his calibre. Ehlers is a huge talent.
He may never be truly out of SipowicZ doghouse, but he may get to sleep in the actual house by the back door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad