Injury Report: Bjugstad out for season; Underwent Back Surgery

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
The hell.... hope everything went well and he recovers for next season. Tallon implied he tried to play through the injury for the last month... that explains his decline in production... hope he recovers well.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Here's top hoping this doesn't affect his performance when he returns. Need him to be the player he was this year / better.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Day to day is my guess lol.

Damn. This stinks. Hopefully he has no lingering issues from this

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Seriously need to question the medical staff... every single injury turns out to be catastrophic.

Agreed. I don't think he should've been playing if it was suspected he had a back injury. I know most players will play through injury during this time of the year, but that's understandable if you're playing for a contender. Even though the surgery was successful, who knows what could've happened had he injured it further while playing through it. Back injuries are widely known to be risky. Bjugstad is a big part of the future and his career could've been jeopardized had it been hit the wrong way.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Agreed. I don't think should've been playing if it was suspected he had a back injury. I know most players will play through injury during this time of the year, but that's understandable if you're playing for a contender. Even though the surgery was successful, but who knows what could've happened had he injured it further while playing through it.

They aren't stupid... obviousky they determined it couldn't be any worse from playing through it so he tried and it wasn't good... u guys r hilarious when it comes to training staff.. day to day happens.. who cares.. the team doesn't have to disclose to u what's wrong and gain nothing from doing so...hopefully he's 100 percent by next year... backs can be tough to overcome

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
They aren't stupid... obviousky they determined it couldn't be any worse from playing through it so he tried and it wasn't good... u guys r hilarious when it comes to training staff.. day to day happens.. who cares.. the team doesn't have to disclose to u what's wrong and gain nothing from doing so...hopefully he's 100 percent by next year... backs can be tough to overcome

I'm not saying they have to disclose anything. I'm just saying I don't see the point in him playing through a back injury that required surgery. Obviously he didn't look 100% out there for several games so what was the point?

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
It would be Nicky of all players to go down like that.

Hey Panthers fans, I'm sure this won't be a surprise to any of you, your best player is no longer available.

Last edited by a moderator:

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
It's always a good idea to have a player you just signed long-term to play through an injury that ultimately required surgery.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
All you Trocheck guys out there, hope you guys are right about this kid. now is his chance to show what he is made off

Seems like we are
@GeorgeRichards "Trocheck & Pirri definitely show chemistry. Of Pirri’s three goals in the past 2 games, TRO recorded primary assist"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad