Confirmed with Link: Bishop traded to Stars for 4th round pick

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Oh well, better than nothing I suppose. Was hoping for a 3rd round pick.

SlimCharles

Kings & Sabres
Dec 7, 2011
Los Angeles
Kings will need to acquire a back up and no Zatkoff is not a back up.

I would look into signing Mike Condon, he seems to be a very solid backup. I would also be interested in Ryan Miller if he would agree to 2 million or less, but only under those circumstances. Chad Johnson is another FA tender.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
word is that DL was going to try and keep him, too. crazy

That's startling. I can't think a feasible scenario to make that work. You can't tie up 2 goaltenders making up 10 million of cap space with Toffoli and Pearson needing to be signed.

Was hoping for a 3rd, but a 4th is fine.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
So a former 2nd and 7th for a 4th and a 5th.

Ah well, at least Lombardi isn't around to force the scouting staff to take more stiffs.

It happens. I wasn't particularly high on Cernak going into that draft. Obviously it's not ideal, but I imagine there are a few teams that have buyer's remorse on their 2015 picks already.

At least it wasn't like spending a top 10 pick on Nikita Filatov and dealing him for a 3rd rounder three years later. I recall Yannetti mentioning that the Kings were hoping Paul Bittner would slide down a few more spots but he got picked #38. Bittner had 0 goals and 3 assists in 31 AHL games this season (I saw him play a few times for Portland and curiously they were using him as a center in Cleveland).

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Had they not made that Lucic trade, one of Matthew Barzal, Kyle Connor or Travis Konecny, would have been available for the Kings to select, and forwards on entry level contracts who'd be ready to make a contribution.

That shortsighted deal really did set the team back, didn't it? And man did the Bruins come out with a steal in the 2nd round with Brandon Carlo. Funny how their trades towards the future didn't hinder them from making the playoffs.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I guess if you leave the other stuff out, yeah.

It is not a trade you make every day, at least I don't and most other people.

Now, if Cernak is a bust then it is much ado about nothing except for another failed 2nd round pick from DL and company.

If he is an NHL player (which he should be based on reports) and these picks turn into nothing, is this a "do every day trade". Of course not.

One in the hand is worth two in the bush. Just need to see if Cernak is actually one in the hand.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Bishop will shut the Kings down every time they face him next season. In typical fashion it will go from head scratcher of a stupid idiot trade, to the goalie playing like Grant Fuhr while in LA, to Bishop looking "resurgent" in Dallas. Take it to the bank.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Bishop will shut the Kings down every time they face him next season. In typical fashion it will go from head scratcher of a stupid idiot trade, to the goalie playing like Grant Fuhr while in LA, to Bishop looking "resurgent" in Dallas. Take it to the bank.

Would be hilarious if he doesn't even sign with them.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
So a former 2nd and 7th for a 4th and a 5th.

Ah well, at least Lombardi isn't around to force the scouting staff to take more stiffs.

Most likely Futa/Staff picking the picks since probably 2012.

It's why you elevate a guy like Futa/Yannetti. The GM is not out doing the grunt scout work, and making the draft list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad