Movies: Birds of Prey (February 7th, 2020)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
This poster is so ****ty. Why is she looking up if everything is in front. Bad design, in my opinion. Also, I saw the teaser to this before It Chapter 2. No desire to see this lol.
Isn't the character crazy? Could just be staring off into space.

Reactions: Kurtz

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Margot Robbie must have signed a multi-picture deal, because you'd think she'd want to get away from this franchise after Suicide Squad.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
It's early, but certainly a good start for a movie that I thought was going to get ripped apart.

BoP has a 91% rating with 45 reviews in. Obviously don't expect that number to hold, but it's far ahead of my expectations.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I don't know who this movie views as it's target demographic

It's an action movie lead by some very attractive actresses, which would lead me to think it would hold some interest to male action fans, especially younger males

But the talk surrounding the movie is is about things like "toxic masculinity" which is a great way to offend a lot of guys in that demographic and make them not want to pay to view it

It has the old "girl power" thing going for it which should appeal to women who like action movies, I'm not sure how big a number that is though

I'll be very interested to see how much money this movie makes, 300M maybe? I just don't see where the audience comes from

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't know who this movie views as it's target demographic

It's an action movie lead by some very attractive actresses, which would lead me to think it would hold some interest to male action fans, especially younger males

But the talk surrounding the movie is is about things like "toxic masculinity" which is a great way to offend a lot of guys in that demographic and make them not want to pay to view it

It has the old "girl power" thing going for it which should appeal to women who like action movies, I'm not sure how big a number that is though

I'll be very interested to see how much money this movie makes, 300M maybe? I just don't see where the audience comes from

Harley Quinn is kind of popular.

Reactions: mattyboy

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Harley Quinn is kind of popular.

She has some popularity but let's not pretend she's the Joker or Batman

I would also think a lot of fans of the character would be the people they were attacking through the media recently, I can't imagine that's great for ticket sales

I'm just struggling to understand what the marketing and demographic appeal strategy they seem to be employing

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
6.6/10 on IMDB, 60 metascore, both of which likely to keep getting worse with time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad