Movies: Birds of Prey (February 7th, 2020)

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Harley Quinn is mainstream now because of Suicide Squad. Margot Robbie was one of the only good things in that film. I think before her popularity was limited to more of the fans of the series and not mainstream public.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Birds of Prey definitely are not well known. That should have been the title from the start.

no one outside of DC nerds know any of these characters.

people know Quinn though, but mostly just as Joker’s girlfriend.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I dunno. I think Harley Quinn is fairly well known even if you know nothing about comics. You know Batman, you know his greatest rival, and you know his rival's henchwoman/lover.

You might be surprised. I only barely knew of her when Suicide Squad was made and never saw that movie. Besides, you can know of her--that she's Joker's occasional accomplice/girlfriend--and not really have any idea of her backstory or what makes her tick. I still don't. I may not be a comics guy, but I've seen every theatrical Batman movie ever made and I'm pretty certain that she hasn't been in any of them, so it shouldn't be surprising if general audiences don't know enough about her to care to go to see a movie revolving around her.

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
You might be surprised. I only barely knew of her when Suicide Squad was made and never saw that movie. Besides, you can know of her--that she's Joker's occasional accomplice/girlfriend--and not really have any idea of her backstory or what makes her tick. I still don't. I just know her as a female Joker that kind of came out of nowhere... and, though I'm not a comic guy, I've seen every Batman movie.
Right. Her popularity soared after Suicide Squad, her costume was everywhere for Halloween, but it's not like her story is known.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
You might be surprised. I only barely knew of her when Suicide Squad was made and never saw that movie. Besides, you can know of her--that she's Joker's occasional accomplice/girlfriend--and not really have any idea of her backstory or what makes her tick. I still don't. I just know her as a female Joker that kind of came out of nowhere... and, though I'm not a comic guy, I've seen every Batman movie.

I'm probably biased, because I love the character of Harley Quinn. Her tragic origin story, her love/hate relationship with the Joker and the redemption arc that's been a more popular story for her of late. She's slowly turned from sidekick to anti-hero.

Frankly, in my opinion, she's probably one of the more interesting characters in the DC universe. The fact that she can be written as a main villain, a henchwoman, a hero or a sidekick and have none of them seem out of place to her personality just fascinates me.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Robbie is great, the rest of the characters were pretty meh. Overall it’s a pretty entertaining movie, good to see with ur partner. 7/10

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Just saw it. Thought it was just okay. 5/10 at best

The problem was the fight scenes were too similar, and quite frankly, not very believable

The big climax in the fun house wasn't very entertaining or believable either, so, unfortunately, the first half of the film is better than the last half

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->