Bingo v Hamilton

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Wild card fought Stortini.

Assist went to Prince. I'd love to see his stats over the last 20 games or so. Must be close to PPG.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Bingo win 4-2

2. BNG Hamilton, (4) (Prince), 6:19
2. HAM St-Denis, (5) (Tenute, Belzile), 13:42
3. BNG Stone, (10) (Hoffman, Wideman), 1:57
3. HAM Pateryn, (5) (Beaulieu, Belzile), 7:50 (PP)
3. BNG Da Costa, (12) (Hoffman, Wideman), 14:31 (PP)
3. BNG Stone, (11) (Lebda, Borowiecki), 19:38 (EN)

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
Would be hard to have both those guys in our lineup. Having 1/6 of your forwards being that slow could cause problems. They both play the same role- big, handsy, stand in front and be a scoring net presence. Hard to see how they could both exist in the same lineup. We'd be pretty slow up front, and thats deadly in today's NHL

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Stone is going to need another yr in Binghamton at least perhaps 2 yrs, then he will be ready to move up to Ottawa.....

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
Would be hard to have both those guys in our lineup. Having 1/6 of your forwards being that slow could cause problems. They both play the same role- big, handsy, stand in front and be a scoring net presence. Hard to see how they could both exist in the same lineup. We'd be pretty slow up front, and thats deadly in today's NHL

i hope we don't limit stone to that role

he's more of a creative player with great vision and passing that can also shoot the puck.

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
But his skating will always limit him at this level. I give him a ton of credit. When I first saw him in his first rookie camp I think he was quite possibly the slowest skater I had ever seen. I mean, it was painful watching him skate. It's clear he's worked on it and its gotten better, but I don't think it can improve to the point where he's not a below-average NHL skater. His size and skill make him a prospect and I agree he probably needs more time. I hope he turns into a better latendresse when he's ready.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
So did Main die or something? He doesn't stream anything anymore, and doesnt post either.

"Derriko":

Main did NOT die but he has been sick, he is still around HF boards a little bit. Let's hope he gets better and soon as he is a good poster...............

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Worked for Detroit in 08. Cleary, Hudler, Holmstrom, Kopecky were all on the same team. All of them are below average NHL skaters. When you have a team that can move the puck like we do or like Detroit did, it doesn't matter how quick all your players are. It certainly helps but the puck moves faster than players. Always.

And Lats skating really isn't that bad. He gets around just fine and its not holding him back as an offensive player.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Excellent. I hope we don't block his advancement over the next couple of years by getting married to latendresse.

Player already contributing to the team and only 25 > prospect with still unknown upside in the NHL.

Only on HF do you see this kind of post....

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Player already contributing to the team and only 25 > prospect with still unknown upside in the NHL.

Only on HF do you see this kind of post....

Seriously. Currently contributing, hasn't yet hit the average NHL "peak age," and on a ridiculously cheap contract. But I guess his main contribution to the team is holding up the development of younger players :shakehead

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
But did he do well? We know he will take on anybody, but he has to be able to bite off what he can chew to have a chance at a career like Neil.

The fight is in the highlight video Ski posted. He did okay. I'd call it a win for Stortini but Kramer definitely got some shots but he stood in there with one of the tougher guys around imo. Always liked Stortini.

ADDENDUM, Borowiecki might be hearing from the league for that hit.

Highlights from Friday, check out the snipes by Hoffman and Schneider. There's a crazy Da Costa feed from behind the net in there somewhere too where they should have scored with the goalie down and out.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad