Bingo v Hamilton

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
The fight is in the highlight video Ski posted. He did okay. I'd call it a win for Stortini but Kramer definitely got some shots but he stood in there with one of the tougher guys around imo. Always liked Stortini.

ADDENDUM,Borowiecki might be hearing from the league for that hit.

Highlights from Friday, check out the snipes by Hoffman and Schneider. There's a crazy Da Costa feed from behind the net in there somewhere too where they should have scored with the goalie down and out.

Nope..penalty was called for interference..absolutely crazy..

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Crazy how much time DaCosta and Stone had on their respective goals.

How about a little Hoffman for DD swap in a few games from now?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
How about a little Hoffman for DD swap in a few games from now?

Someone in management said Hoffman would have been called up when the injuries started piling up and when Mika was summoned. I'd think he'll get a shot some time this season. I'd bet it was the plan for him to have more games in the NHL by now.

DD played pretty well today though in the first so I reckon he gets another game. We're certainly a big hard nosed team now and DD adds to that. I'm sure he'd like to redeem himself in the fista cuffs department before going back to the A.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
But his skating will always limit him at this level. I give him a ton of credit. When I first saw him in his first rookie camp I think he was quite possibly the slowest skater I had ever seen. I mean, it was painful watching him skate. It's clear he's worked on it and its gotten better, but I don't think it can improve to the point where he's not a below-average NHL skater. His size and skill make him a prospect and I agree he probably needs more time. I hope he turns into a better latendresse when he's ready.

if you have issues with lats, you'll have issues with stone.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Anyone think Schneider gets a shot eventually?

Who's he gonna get a spot over?

Daugavins and O'Brien are scratches lately but even when they play they do well. There's also guys like Hoffman and Cowick that have a stronger chance.

Schneider stays in the A this year and next year but if he continues, he'll definitely get some games in next year.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
Who's he gonna get a spot over?

Daugavins and O'Brien are scratches lately but even when they play they do well. There's also guys like Hoffman and Cowick that have a stronger chance.

Schneider stays in the A this year and next year but if he continues, he'll definitely get some games in next year.

I just feel like college UFA's get the short end of the stick.

I think Murray prefers to see his drafted players get shots over the UFA's. I'm pretty much talking about Da Costa, but agree with you that there are players over Schneider who do deserve it more.

But Schneider seems to get better and better and is really excelling playing top line minutes before/after his injury. Only 22 too.

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
if you have issues with lats, you'll have issues with stone.

Quite possibly, yes. But at their stages of their careers, I think stone has more upside and a better work ethic, so I'm more willing to give him the roster spot over lats next year and going forward

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
I just feel like college UFA's get the short end of the stick.

I think Murray prefers to see his drafted players get shots over the UFA's. I'm pretty much talking about Da Costa, but agree with you that there are players over Schneider who do deserve it more.

But Schneider seems to get better and better and is really excelling playing top line minutes before/after his injury. Only 22 too.

DD was signed as an undrafted free agent.

None of them are an upgrade over anything we have right now. I don't think it has anything to do with bias.

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
Lats has never been known as a super motivated, hardworking player. His conditioning has never been top shelf. Pierre McGuire has talked about this frequently. And then when you look at stone, the kid was a dominant, clutch goalscorer in a best-on-best WJC, which lats never was. I'm not saying stone is a lock, blue chip prospect, but I just think he could very well top out as a better player than lats, and I think what you see from lats now is probably his best. It's ok, but I just don't see why some of you guys are as excited about him as you seem to be.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Lats has never been known as a super motivated, hardworking player. His conditioning has never been top shelf. Pierre McGuire has talked about this frequently. And then when you look at stone, the kid was a dominant, clutch goalscorer in a best-on-best WJC, which lats never was. I'm not saying stone is a lock, blue chip prospect, but I just think he could very well top out as a better player than lats, and I think what you see from lats now is probably his best. It's ok, but I just don't see why some of you guys are as excited about him as you seem to be.

I don't disagree with your take on Stone, but I can't agree with your take on Latendresse.

It's true that Latendresse has never been known for his hard work, but you have to give him a longer shot than this. With his injuries he has not been able to really work out or get his legs under him properly in a long time. He's producing pretty much on talent alone right now.

Given time to get his body right, to get a feel for hockey again and to develop chemistry with this team i'm sure he can give us more than we've seen so far.

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
If he continues to produce, is a factor in the playoffs, and can stay healthy and consistent, then I could see trying to bring him back cheaply on a very short term deal. I think we'd be crazy to marry ourselves to this guy though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->