Confirmed with Link: Binghamton Senators officially sign Todd Bertuzzi to PTO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
He'll show up in Bingo, and he'll have gone through ALL of the things that the kids will/may go through in their careers. Good and bad. They'll learn how to handle it, how to think of it. They'll learn how to conduct themselves on and off the ice, from the lessons that he learn. Its better to learn from someone else's mistake, than from your own.

Beyond that, he'll teach them how important it is to keep yourself in good shape and not slack off.

I see zero downside to this if they decide to give him a spot in Bingo, and if he forces the kids to have to work a little harder to keep their roster spots, that only helps us long term.

Big Papi

Who's Mel Bridgeman?
Jul 10, 2009
Quebec
www.instagram.com
He'll show up in Bingo, and he'll have gone through ALL of the things that the kids will/may go through in their careers. Good and bad. They'll learn how to handle it, how to think of it. They'll learn how to conduct themselves on and off the ice, from the lessons that he learn. Its better to learn from someone else's mistake, than from your own.

Beyond that, he'll teach them how important it is to keep yourself in good shape and not slack off.

I see zero downside to this if they decide to give him a spot in Bingo, and if he forces the kids to have to work a little harder to keep their roster spots, that only helps us long term.

Agreed, good signing if not for what he can convey to the young guys

dpw

Jul 29, 2004
I wonder if the Moore settlement has anything to do with keeping bert from retiring.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
bert_beer-2-590x331.jpg

otown

Sep 4, 2009
A new low to even consider this guy as someone who can help Bingo or the Sens. He must need the dough and the Sens are doing someone a big favour by just letting him go through the motions. I hope this is all it is!

mcnorth

Jun 28, 2011
I hope he kicks ass and makes a move to the big team a no-brainer and he comes here and contributes. Go Todd! We need the help!

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I wonder if the Moore settlement has anything to do with keeping bert from retiring.

Wouldn't he get offered more in Europe or khl than AHL? KHL goes nuts for big names even though they can't play anymore.

Unless he's gambling that he'll get an NHL gig out of this. That or he simply doesn't want to go overseas.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
This gives me fond memories of that glorious week we had Brad Isbister under contract!

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
You all know what a PTO is, right?

Reading this thread you'd think the sens announced they signed the guy to a 3 year one way contract with a NMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad