Binghamton Senators 4th Quarter Grades

Alfie#11

May 7, 2003
Visit site
What the hell happened to O'Brien?

Has anyone ever said?

I really hope that, once he leaves, this question is answered.

The guy was no star but his exit seemed so sudden...like he was thrown off the side of the boat.

What happened between O'Brien, the Sens, his teammates etc. to cause his situation?

goBingo

Dec 18, 2007
I really hope that, once he leaves, this question is answered.

The guy was no star but his exit seemed so sudden...like he was thrown off the side of the boat.

What happened between O'Brien, the Sens, his teammates etc. to cause his situation?

O'Brien had knee surgery a couple weeks ago. There hasn't been a sudden exit, he's still part of the team and working towards returning.

John Holmes*

The sudden exit was when he left Ottawa.

He was playing well, I think he was the team leader in goals and then he was just sent down for no apparent reason, and there has been zero said about him since.

He's also been earning NHL money down there.

There has to be more to the story.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
He was a victim of the numbers game, plain and simple. They tried to move him, to no avail, so they sent him down and he cleared waivers

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
The sudden exit was when he left Ottawa.

He was playing well, I think he was the team leader in goals and then he was just sent down for no apparent reason, and there has been zero said about him since.

He's also been earning NHL money down there.

There has to be more to the story.

Supposedly he asked for more ice time through his agent last year. That resulted in his scratch last year. Not sure how true that story is.

This year in Bingo I believe he's had knee issues. Again, not sure how true that is.

In any case, there is a lot of mystery around JOB.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Wait he asked for more ice time? I don't agree that he should have for more, but it is ludacirous that a player gets sent down completely for that. Especially when the team had so many injuries last year.

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
I kinda feel bad for JOB. at one point last year he was actually our LEADING goal scorer, then all of a sudden he was gone and down in bingo and on his way out of the organization. he was hurt (shoulder) when we drafted him in the first round in a weak draft year. he never, EVER should have been taken in the first round, which I guess is another reason why muckler had to go. when you get drafted in the first your expectations go up, but he was never going to be a 1st round talent. but its not his fault muckler was dumb enough to draft him there. I always kinda liked his game. he was an honest enough player who could do a little bit of everything and if he was healthy, developed right, and in the right situation, I bet he could have carved out a 3rd/4th line role. it just never seemed to work for him here.

when the management team that drafts you goes, you lose your "champions" in an organization and you can get lost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad