Binghamton Senators 4th Quarter Grades

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Good write up as usual. Glad the guys that are supposed to be good, are.

I know he's only played 9 games, but do you like what you are seeing from dzingel so far? The points are there, obviously

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Good write up as usual. Glad the guys that are supposed to be good, are.

I know he's only played 9 games, but do you like what you are seeing from dzingel so far? The points are there, obviously

Yes. If I was to grade him from a short sample size it would be in the solid B range. He's going to be very good player for the organization. needs to add some weight in the off season, but is really quick on his feet, great ice vision and a natural playmaker. Can't give him in the A range as that's more of the elite players but he'll be there soon.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
Yes. If I was to grade him from a short sample size it would be in the solid B range. He's going to be very good player for the organization. needs to add some weight in the off season, but is really quick on his feet, great ice vision and a natural playmaker. Can't give him in the A range as that's more of the elite players but he'll be there soon.

Hopefully he is dedicated to working out and getting stronger. It would be nice to see him spend some time in ottawa this summer working out with the organization. Great to see he's on the right track, though. Can't teach natural talent and it seems like this kids got it

The Fuhr*

Buddy Robinson is interesting to me... 6'6 220, can skate, kill penalties... And looks to have a little offense.

A 6'6 220lb Condra would be sick for the 4th line

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Thank you "Ski" ☺☻☺

As always thank you for your opinions on the Binghamton players.....

Although I do not agree with all of them no 2 people will but we are close................

Happy Easter to you and all on this blog..................

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
After having the opportunity to see him a bit in Bingo, what do people think we have in Hammond? Nice to hear that he's doing well.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Thanks Ski, that's a pretty good injection for the playoffs with Ceci, Stone, Pageau, and Dunn. I suppose that ended JoB's days for one. Still looks like a pretty good team for a playoff run. Is it a Lehner away from the higher expectations i was expecting amongst fans?

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Great write up! Thanks for posting the link.

The harsh reality of hockey is that a number of guys in Bingo won't be back with the organization next year. If you have been around 2-3 years, and haven't tasted any time with the big club, you have officially gone from prospect to suspect. A few have been identified here (Lawson, Blood, O'Brien). I find myself wondering if Cowick will be offered another contract by the club, for instance. Any others who might get cleared out of the organization in June?

Kester

Mar 8, 2006
Scranton PA
I was in section 9 within earshot of O'Brien and the scratches. A fan came up to him and asked something to him, and I heard him say he hurt his knee. So I'm hoping he'll be able to make it back for the playoffs and that his time with the organization isn't done yet.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Looks like Cleasson is next in line for a callup after Boro. I guess after that, it depends on what type of D we would need for a call up. If we need a puck mover/offensive guy, Wideman would get a look. If we need more defensive then Sdao? Or the new Grant and Mullen guys would be ahead?

tenpinsplit

Nov 9, 2005
Binghamton
Looks like Cleasson is next in line for a callup after Boro. I guess after that, it depends on what type of D we would need for a call up. If we need a puck mover/offensive guy, Wideman would get a look. If we need more defensive then Sdao? Or the new Grant and Mullen guys would be ahead?

i would say no to mullen. seems to be an average ahl d man (although better than the alternative in someone like Blood). grant has been good imo, and i hope he is signed for next year.

Cupcheck

May 16, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Blood and Sdao are the same player. Both big stay at home guys that just are not very good. They are very Gryba-like, but neither skate all that well or play very smart. I can't count the number of times those two for no reason just end up on the wrong side of the puck. I cringe every time they pinch... I do not see either ever making the NHL full time. Sdao is more willing to fight, Blood needs a mean streak, he's huge but plays too small. If you took Blood's size and gave it to Boro, oh man, that would be one hell of a d man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad