Binghamton Black Bears to FPHL

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
I do think sometimes we and everyone downplay what goes into the process of getting a team. We all just say so and so will get a team and the fingers snap but reality just isn't that way.
No doubt, that’s why it was never possible for this year. But they have a year to figure it out, and a vacant franchise in the North division to fill (Brampton). Seems like a match made in heaven as long as both sides are willing.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
No doubt, that’s why it was never possible for this year. But they have a year to figure it out, and a vacant franchise in the North division to fill (Brampton). Seems like a match made in heaven as long as both sides are willing.
nope, T/R replaced Brampton....Brampton's franchise went the way of Manchester as of 4 months ago, hence the league meetings where they were shut down completely instead of dormant, ek.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car

The Brampton membership was returned to the league. It no longer exists. The ECHL rebalances the divisions when teams go to puppy heaven.

Reactions: wildcat48

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Even though they have a nice even 8 teams I don’t think the Fed is done for the summer. Not sure what the plan for Bloomington is. Motor City is most likely done. If Bloomington comes in I feel they’d be looking to add a southern team

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine
Maybe 210 can shine a little more light but I've been hearing that both Newfoundland and Trois Rivieres might begin their season in Manchester pending on the status of the Canadian border. It helps that its one owner to work out a deal with the arena and I'm sure Maine and Worcester wouldn't complain.

Reactions: Atlantian

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I think it needs to be more than willing. Any potential ownership group needs to be able to balance a bottom line. The barn in Binghamton is very old and hasn't had any significant improvements in decades. There are very limited revenue streams available in and around buildings like this. The ECHL isn't a cheap league to operate, certainly nowhere as cheap as the FPHL. There needs to be a way for local owners to at least break even in that kind of market. Who knows, maybe the local gov will put their eggs in the FPHL basket, and if they do than who knows what happens in the ECHL by the time they realize the fed isn't viable long term in that market. That is what I am getting at by suggesting more needs to go into it than just an app for a team and motivated league/owner. The minor pro hockey landscape has changed so much and cities that cant wrap their head around the limited opportunities remaining to secure an ECHL franchise going forward are going to get left behind in the long run.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
Even though they have a nice even 8 teams I don’t think the Fed is done for the summer. Not sure what the plan for Bloomington is. Motor City is most likely done. If Bloomington comes in I feel they’d be looking to add a southern team
So... Motor City came and went without ever playing a game?

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
It's more a complete rip off of Binghamton university bear cats, and copies the school colors. It's pretty comical bc a lot of people started thinking this team was related to the school somehow

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
It's more a complete rip off of Binghamton university bear cats, and copies the school colors. It's pretty comical bc a lot of people started thinking this team was related to the school somehow
Only if Binghamton University is a trade school.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I think he's saying that the level of hockey in the FPHL would be the equivalent of a trade school compared to a D1 school like Binghamton.
That is what I was assuming, but I didnt want to just take another dump on the fphl by assuming that ha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad