Binghamton Black Bears to FPHL

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
I am sure Mitchell is pulling out all the stops to see a return of AHL hockey. The AHL has truly grown from cities like Binghamton, and their aging arenas. Truthfully the ECHL has outgrown cities like Binghamton and their arena which doesnt meet standards he average arena in the E league.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Screen printed logos, I'd bet.
Maybe even hi-tech dye sublimation. It's all the rage these days, and is actually cheaper in volume. That way fans get "authentic gear" as souvenirs of another historic season of Bingo Hockey.

ETA: If this thread draws another FPHL team owner into the HFB web, I hereby publicly declare that I'll owe @CrazyEddie20 a beer. :cheers:

Reactions: Roadhog

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Maybe even hi-tech dye sublimation. It's all the rage these days, and is actually cheaper in volume. That way fans get "authentic gear" as souvenirs of another historic season of Bingo Hockey.

Yes, the season will no doubt be "historic..."

The HV Bears used so many players they'd have gone bankrupt trying to make nameplates for each one. Maybe we'll see the same amount of turnover in Binghamton?

Hey SargeR, do the players have suitable insurance?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Johansson has been around these teams for years, so to speak I think he tried another market before but couldn't complete it..... Southhaven, MS, the southern suburb of metro Memphis....

Minor League Rando

Mar 13, 2021
Johansson has been around these teams for years, so to speak I think he tried another market before but couldn't complete it..... Southhaven, MS, the southern suburb of metro Memphis....

Interviewed him when Memphis was a possibility, and from my time talking to him, he seems like a guy that cares about both the fans and players. I'm interested to see how he does with 2 teams and a full season.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
sounds like tom mitchell wants nothing to do with non-ahl hockey. It will be interesting to see if this is just a 1 year option for the echl to come in.
Binghamton Black Bears to play in Federal Prospects Hockey League
I am sure Mitchell is pulling out all the stops to see a return of AHL hockey. The AHL has truly grown from cities like Binghamton, and their aging arenas. Truthfully the ECHL has outgrown cities like Binghamton and their arena which doesnt meet standards he average arena in the E league.
With all due respect to Tom Mitchell, Binghamton should really be sending a group of people to
Adirondack to study and observe how a echl team operates in a long time AHL city.

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
With all due respect to Tom Mitchell, Binghamton should really be sending a group of people to
Adirondack to study and observe how a echl team operates in a long time AHL city.

Absolutely, the Albany-Adirondack market adjusted well. Losing the AHL Devils wasn't a catastrophic loss for this area. I enjoy ECHL hockey as much as the AHL. Haven't enjoyed the AHL since early 2000s anyway.

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
I would bet almost anything in my life that the ECHL goes to Binghamton after this one season in the Fed. There’s a ton of insiders around here who have all but confirmed it.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I would bet almost anything in my life that the ECHL goes to Binghamton after this one season in the Fed. There’s a ton of insiders around here who have all but confirmed it.
I do think sometimes we and everyone downplay what goes into the process of getting a team. We all just say so and so will get a team and the fingers snap but reality just isn't that way.

Reactions: Clinton Comets EHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad