Buffalo Bills Bills Offseason: FB Felton to be signed, Big NFL names traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Just got to say if we can get Harvin at a $4-5 mil per average with under $10m guaranteed we got to go for it. He's an elite returner and nearly averages 8 tds per 16 games. He also can run the ball. He would be a great add since he wouldn't be relied on as a top 2 target maybe not even top 3 if we get Clay.

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
He doesn't seem to "fit", but what do I know? The Bills are going nuts this offseason. It will be fun to watch I think.

Man I wish I could look forward to at least competent QB play. If we could get that we'd be in really nice shape.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Would it really be that difficult to craft an offense around the weapons on this team? I feel like we've just been watching pretty inept coaching the past two years when it comes to utilizing pro talent, and maybe we can have an offense that doesn't hold the team back. Introduce coaches with track records and expertise, a better line, Felton, possibly Clay, at least one more receiver... maybe this offense becomes one that can actually take advantage of the tremendous opportunities granted by the defense. I believe this coaching staff can actually play to the strengths of what is looking like the most talented roster in the league.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I believe the Bills need to get Clay, he will make this offense so versatile, we've never had an option at TE like that.

I like the fact that they aren't trying to move everything in order to bring in a slight upgrade like Bradford or Foles (Bradford too injury prone, Foles seemed to be a beneficiary of the Eagles system, imo). The thing this team needs to do is get a solid group around the QB, whomever it is. Seattle had the same game plan. They had a question at QB, so they traded for a big name back, built a strong defense, and build up the offense around the QB.

Get Clay, sign another offensive guard (Jahri Evans? Steve Wisniewski?), Felton is basically a 6th OL for power running, and in the draft go with Fuchness or Maxx Williams in 2nd round, then get OL 3rd, linebacker 5th, CB/S 6th. Also, sign a NT so Williams and Dareus can play on the ends in this defense, giving Rex more ability to use them to get to QB as well (Dan Williams?).

This is how I would do it if I were then, gain an identity this year, and if in the off-season next year a QB becomes available (Brees is NO rebuilds, Kaepernick if he continues to regress, Cutler or Bradford in FA, or 1st round in 2016 draft), that's when you pounce and your team is ready because the positions around QB at that time will be strong.

My 2015 Bills Depth Chart:

QB: Manuel/Cassel/
RB: McCoy/Jackson/Brown
FB: Felton*/Dixon
WR1: Watkins/Hogan/Goodwin
WR2: Woods/Fuchness*/Easley
TE: Clay/Fuchness*/Chandler
LT: Glenn/*3rd round pick*
LG: Evans*/Urbik
C: Woods/Urbik
RG: Incognito/Richardson
RT: Henderson/Kouandijo

LE: Dareus/Charles
NT: D.Wiliams/Charles
RE: K. Williams/ Bryant
LOLB: M. Williams/Lawson
LILB: P. Brown/*5th round pick*
RILB: Bradham/Powell
ROLB: Hughes/Lawson
CB1: Gilmore/McKelvin/Brooks
CB2: Graham/Robey
FS: A. Williams/ Rambo
SS: D. Williams/ Meeks

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
According to NFLN, Jordan Cameron is visiting Miami. Could bode well assuming they're bracing for Buffalo's offer sheet to Clay.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
According to NFLN, Jordan Cameron is visiting Miami. Could bode well assuming they're bracing for Buffalo's offer sheet to Clay.

That'd be awesome. Sorry, I like Chandler, but he's a solid #2 TE, not a #1. They need more athleticism and versatility at that position, and that's what he adds.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Curious as to why people keep penciling in Hughes and Mario in as OLBs? When we were in the 3-4 under Pettine, didn't Williams usually have a hand in the dirt? In fact, wasn't the only difference between our 3-4 and 4-3 looks whether Hughes was up or down? I imagine our D looks like:

Hughes (LB/DE) - Dereus-Williams-Mario
Bradham-Brown-Lawson/Run stuffer/nickel back
Gilmore-Williams-Duke/Graham/draft pick-McKelvin

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
Curious as to why people keep penciling in Hughes and Mario in as OLBs? When we were in the 3-4 under Pettine, didn't Williams usually have a hand in the dirt? In fact, wasn't the only difference between our 3-4 and 4-3 looks whether Hughes was up or down? I imagine our D looks like:

Hughes (LB/DE) - Dereus-Williams-Mario
Bradham-Brown-Lawson/Run stuffer/nickel back
Gilmore-Williams-Duke/Graham/draft pick-McKelvin

Yes, I think Mario was typically the open DE. With Kyle and Dareus in the middle and Carrington at closed DE. Lawson lined up over the TE at SLB. Hughes was a sub-package pass rusher.

Bryant could play Carrington's position. Not sure what they think of Charles. I still don't see where Hughes fits in the base.

Hybrid-falcons01_zps0f835990.jpg

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2014/2/20/5428416/mike-pettines-2013-buffalo-bills-defense

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Yes, I think Mario was typically the open DE. With Kyle and Dareus in the middle and Carrington at closed DE. Lawson lined up over the TE at SLB. Hughes was a sub-package pass rusher.

Bryant could play Carrington's position. Not sure what they think of Charles. I still don't see where Hughes fits in the base.

I think we're going to see fronts that maximize the use of our personnel. I could actually see a scheme resembling the bruce smith defense. Mario and Hughes as the two edge rushers, and who gives a damn if we call one a DE and one an OLB? (Bruce and Bennett). Fill in Brown and Bradham lined up as more traditional LBs a few yards off the scrimmage (call one the WLB one the MLB if you want), and then either Lawson at SLB covering the TE, a 2-down MLB playing behind the line of scrimmage similar to spikes, or a nickel corner rounding out the "front 7".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad