Buffalo Bills Bills Offseason: FB Felton to be signed, Big NFL names traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Weren't all of the locker room interviews with Miami players supporting Incognito?

I think he is a good fit for the Bills ground and pound offense, but I would be more worried about the OL still instead of the locker room.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
S is only really a need if we don't re-sign Searcy.

CB I wouldn't classify as a need so much as a position we could improve on, but definitely not a "need."

OL, OL, OL is need need need.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
TE is definitely higher on the list than CB.

I'd put it in the same box. Area that is fine, as in we have dependable starters, but if there's a chance for a legit upgrade I'd do it. I wouldn't just go sign some middle of the road TE just for kicks, but if we could get a true difference maker I'd do it.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
man, I feel like chandler is underrated. te is a leaguewide thin position

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
RB is a big need, IMO, with the ground and pound approach. Freddy is old as gets dinged up a lot more frequently. Boobie is what he is and Bryce Brown is a big question mark.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
If the Bills had a roster full of Scott Chandler caliber players at every position, their record would be 6-10. He's mediocre at best. An upgrade is sorely needed.

He's not a big play guy but he's a reliable starting TE. We'd all like to see a vertical threat TE but those are in limited supply. I'll always be fine with drafting a TE but I don't know if we could reasonably upgrade Chandler in free agency.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Needs: RB, QB (lol), OL, CB, S?

In order I'd go: RB, OL, QB, S, CB, TE

I put QB third because what we "realistically" need is a vet back-up who can fight for the job, which isn't a massive need. That player is always available in free agency. Yeah, we need a franchise guy, but that's not in the cards here.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
If the Bills had a roster full of Scott Chandler caliber players at every position, their record would be 6-10. He's mediocre at best. An upgrade is sorely needed.

I mean, he's not a great player in a vacuum, but NFL TEs aren't all that great.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
The problem with RB is we have so much meh it gets in the way. Like, are we going to keep 4 RBs on the active gameday roster? Seems excessive. If not, we're either going with FJ, Dixon, and Brown or bringing someone in that pushes one of them to the inactive list, which seems like such a waste. Whaley has said he still like Brown, so I wonder. Honestly, we probably only should have one of Dixon/Jackson now that Jackson really should just be a role player getting 10 snaps a game.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
In order I'd go: RB, OL, QB, S, CB, TE

I put QB third because what we "realistically" need is a vet back-up who can fight for the job, which isn't a massive need. That player is always available in free agency. Yeah, we need a franchise guy, but that's not in the cards here.

If Bradford becomes available I pull the trigger on him in a heartbeat. He could be a franchise guy

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
The problem with RB is we have so much meh it gets in the way. Like, are we going to keep 4 RBs on the active gameday roster? Seems excessive. If not, we're either going with FJ, Dixon, and Brown or bringing someone in that pushes one of them to the inactive list, which seems like such a waste. Whaley has said he still like Brown, so I wonder. Honestly, we probably only should have one of Dixon/Jackson now that Jackson really should just be a role player getting 10 snaps a game.

They could go after a FB though for that power running game. Maybe bring Summers back. Did Roman use the FB in SF or is an H-back like Grey going to be good enough?

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
They could go after a FB though for that power running game. Maybe bring Summers back. Did Roman use the FB in SF or is an H-back like Grey going to be good enough?

They've had Bruce Miller for years. In 2013 he had 25 receptions on 36 targets, last year 18 on 25. Given the time he'd have to be on the field to get those targets, that he's a great FB, and the emphasis on running SF had, I imagine he saw the field as a lead blocker a good amount of time.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Yea cuz Gronk is just an ok player.

Jordan Cameron would be a significant upgrade. I'd love that signing.

Until he misses another huge chunk of time with another concussion.

Cameron is a solid player if he can stay healthy. He would be a solid roll of the dice. But, he's a total boom or bust signing with the health concerns.

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Until he misses another huge chunk of time with another concussion.

Cameron is a solid player if he can stay healthy. He would be a solid roll of the dice. But, he's a total boom or bust signing with the health concerns.

Yea, he had a rough 2014 season with injuries and a bad concussion but He'd certainly be worth looking into depending on his price. I can't imagine he'd be too expensive. Nowhere near Julius Thomas money at least.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Yea, he had a rough 2014 season with injuries and a bad concussion but He'd certainly be worth looking into depending on his price. I can't imagine he'd be too expensive. Nowhere near Julius Thomas money at least.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/12/25/2015-free-agents-tight-ends/

Charles Clay is a guy that doesn't have the big name like Julius Thomas and might be just as valuable as a UFA pick up.

And Cameron's injury issues aren't just this year. He only played 8 games as a rookie, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad