Status
Not open for further replies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
2-12: REX RYAN IN STUDIO ON WGR (20:26)

@buffalobills

"I want the toughest, physical football team on the field, and gentlemen off the field." -Rex on @68INCOGNITO

Rex: "Being on the opposing sideline, the thing I remember most about the Ralph is the fans." #BestFans #OneBuffalo

Rex on Incognito: "We feel confident that this young man recognized he made mistakes, and he's learned from them."

Put it in ink! Rex: "When we win the Super Bowl, I'll get a new tattoo." #GoBills

Rex on the playoffs: "I believe we'll go this year." He's ready. You're ready. Is it the season yet?

Rex on the Bills secondary: "This is a phenomenal group. A deep group. I can't wait to get them going."

Rex: "I'm about the biggest anti-bullying guy there is, especially off the field and in the community."

@BuffaloBillsPR

“I want guys like me, with a heck of a lot more ability.†--#Bills HC Rex Ryan on what he is looking for in players.

@WGR550

Ryan: "The formula is pretty simple: We are going to out-physical people. That's what we need to do on both sides of the ball"

Ryan: "With Sammy Watkins, with Woods, we have some pieces on the outside. But it starts with the offensive line"

Ryan: "If we can run the ball the way I anticipate, we're going to be good in the passing game"

Rex on the playoffs: "I believe we'll go this year."

Ryan on QB: "We are in the evaluation stage now. We have the draft coming up, free agency coming up...we're looking at everything"

Ryan: "Will EJ Manuel have a chance to win the job? I believe he will."

Ryan on Jerry Hughes: "Put him along side Williams, Dareus and Super Mario...why would you want to leave that?"

Ryan on EJ "He needs to embrace that he can move. Use his legs"

Ryan: "Gilmore is going to be one of the elite corners in this league"

Ryan on Incognito: "We feel very good about him moving forward...he recognizes that he's made some mistakes"

Ryan: "I never went in thinking I could change (Incognito), the young man has to change himself"

Ryan: "The bullying is a thing of the past. I think he's learned."

On analytics: "I look at some of those things. Will it alter a game plan sometimes? Absolutely. But the feel of the game is important"

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Rex is a nice likeable guy. Head is still scratching on the Incognito thing though. Seems to go against his beliefs. He knows he can't change him. Admitted that. But I'm shocked he thinks he will change.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
The first concern is if we have to trade for him or if the Broncos will release him. There are some concerns with the offensive line but in general QB is the one position we are lacking and there is not a QB on the roster that is better than 80% Peyton Manning. He was going to make $19 million which would be most of our cap space unless he were to sign for less money. If we could get Peyton Manning for $12 million as a FA why not try it? The Bills could get more than a Thursday night primetime game and we would have a better chance of breaking the playoff drought than with EJ, a draft pick or any of the other QBs out there.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Why would Denver say no?

I think the demise of Peyton Manning is being greatly exaggerated

I don't know, but I'm hearing on sports radio out here that he wants to play and Denver isn't sure. I found that odd and it's likely an overreaction to their playoff loss, but the idea was intriguing just the same.

Sabres1313

Feb 13, 2015
Sign in FA/draft
Offense
QB (start EJ!)
Peyton (if he's there)
Sanchez
Bryce Petty
Brett Hundley
OG
Mike Iupati
Arie Kouandjio
TE
Julius Thomas
Maxx Williams
RB
Frank Gore ? Lol
Todd Gurley
Ameer Abdullah
TJ Yeldon
WR
Dorial Green-Beckham
Defense
LB
David Harris
DL
?
CB
REVIS/
S
Holliman

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
Sign in FA/draft
Offense
QB (start EJ!)
Peyton (if he's there)
Sanchez
Bryce Petty
Brett Hundley
OG
Mike Iupati
Arie Kouandjio
TE
Julius Thomas
Maxx Williams
RB
Frank Gore ? Lol
Todd Gurley
Ameer Abdullah
TJ Yeldon
WR
Dorial Green-Beckham
Defense
LB
David Harris
DL
?
CB
REVIS/
S
Holliman

Petty is pretty much garbage. Hundley could be decent but he's still a project. He's got the arm and the accuracy but he's got the problem with getting through his reads. I'm not sure how coach able that is, seeing as how EJ didn't get any better at it this season, but Hundley is accurate so I'd consider him. I think Abdullah is the best RB available at 2nd-3rd round. He's got great vision and can do it all, block, catch, etc... I'd love to take him but the problem is what the position the Bills will want to adress first. Is RB really at the top of the list? Because I'm not sure they'd want to take a running back with one of their first picks.

I'd love to sign Iupati AND Revis, but I'm just not sure that the cap situation would allow that.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
You'd pass on Peyton Manning. Really.

You'd rather roll out, what, EJ Glennon or Jake Sanchez next year?

Yes.

This won't be a pass first team. If this was a pass first team I guess I'd have to consider him. I guess making the playoffs is one thing but he stinks in cold weather would you even want home games.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Yes.

This won't be a pass first team. If this was a pass first team I guess I'd have to consider him. I guess making the playoffs is one thing but he stinks in cold weather would you even want home games.

Right now they're not even a real threat to pass, though. It's tough to be a power run team with 8 defenders in the box. And Manning reads the defense at the line better than anybody Buffalo's had in years.

Obviously a super long shot, but I'd do it. Or maybe some middle quality vet becomes available.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
You say that as if Manning would remotely consider ending his career in Buffalo.

If Denver didn't want him what are some better places for him to play in the immediate future? Houston? KC? Philly?

With 19 million owed if the Broncos let Peyton walk they could resign DT and JT.... lock up your young player for a 5 years or risk it for a chance 1 year? That's the Broncos choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad