Bills: Offseason - 1st Pick DT Ed Oliver, 2nd Pick OT Cody Ford, 3rd Pick RB Devin Singletary

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
No you don’t. You draft them st 9 it’s a reach...trade down and draft them.

You use the pick on potential BPA outsideof QB or other positions you filled with picks in top 3 rounds that appear to be decent.

Im sorry, are you saying drafting Rice or Sanders in the top 10 is a reach?

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I do not think Oliver is going to make it past 4-6 now.

A couple birdies out there are now starting to say Metcalf and I think I might be believing them.

Edge rusher in round 2

Gerald McCoy for a mid-round pick

Te/Corner round 3-4
I think so too...the only way I don't think he is the pick is if someone such as Oliver drops or one of the big 3 D players come within trading range. I also think there is an outside chance of Hockenson but my gut tells me Metcalf will be our pick...might even possibly trade down and get him. Sleeper TE that I like is Dawson Knox also out of Ole Miss.

Reactions: Buffalo Norsemen

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Can we convince the Skins to trade with us? I feel like they want to be higher than 9 though.....

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Although I want offence... I think both Metcalf & Fant are bad picks at 9. Big red flags with both.

Trading down for either makes more sense but as others have said it needs to be worth it. An extra 3rd isn't moving the needle.

Also if Arizona aren't taking Murray then they're trading the pick to someone who will IMO.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Recent Athletic article has it close to the general concensus on this forum:

Pipe dreams:
Q Williams
Allen

Top targets at 9:
Oliver
Hockenson
J Williams

Second tier targets at 9:
Dillard
Wilkins
Bush (don't get this at all personally)
Taylor
Burns

Trade down targets:
Metcalf
Fant
Clelin Ferill
Cody Ford

Red Flags:
Gary
Sweat

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I think Bills could still benefit from trading back if someone wants a Drew Lock or Daniel Jones at 9.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
2019 NFL Mock Draft: Matt Miller's Final 7-Round Predictions

9. Buffalo Bills

The Pick: DL Christian Wilkins, Clemson

The Buffalo Bills find themselves in a spot with the top targets off the board, which might mean a trade back on draft night. Here, though, the Bills sit and select an impactful, high-floor, high-character defensive tackle who is an immediate starter in their defense.

Christian Wilkins isn't an elite tester and didn't have flashy stats, but he was a three-year anchor for the Tigers defense and the leader of the room. With his motor, he's a Sean McDermott-type player, and his off-field value only adds to the package the Bills get at No. 9 overall.

40. Buffalo Bills—S Nasir Adderley, Delaware
74. Buffalo Bills—RB Miles Sanders, Penn State
112. Buffalo Bills—OT David Edwards, Wisconsin
131. Buffalo Bills—TE Jace Sternberger, Texas A&M
147. Buffalo Bills—WR Anthony Johnson, Buffalo
158. Buffalo Bills—EDGE Justin Hollins, Oregon
181. Buffalo Bills—CB Blessuan Austin, Rutgers
225. Buffalo Bills—LB Ryan Connelly, Wisconsin
228. Buffalo Bills—WR Stanley Morgan, Nebraska

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Bill's trade 9 to ATL per Eisen

Twitter blocked, ESPN blocked at work. I assume this is speculative / mock?

2019 NFL Mock Draft: Matt Miller's Final 7-Round Predictions

9. Buffalo Bills

The Pick: DL Christian Wilkins, Clemson

The Buffalo Bills find themselves in a spot with the top targets off the board, which might mean a trade back on draft night. Here, though, the Bills sit and select an impactful, high-floor, high-character defensive tackle who is an immediate starter in their defense.

Christian Wilkins isn't an elite tester and didn't have flashy stats, but he was a three-year anchor for the Tigers defense and the leader of the room. With his motor, he's a Sean McDermott-type player, and his off-field value only adds to the package the Bills get at No. 9 overall.

40. Buffalo Bills—S Nasir Adderley, Delaware
74. Buffalo Bills—RB Miles Sanders, Penn State
112. Buffalo Bills—OT David Edwards, Wisconsin
131. Buffalo Bills—TE Jace Sternberger, Texas A&M
147. Buffalo Bills—WR Anthony Johnson, Buffalo
158. Buffalo Bills—EDGE Justin Hollins, Oregon
181. Buffalo Bills—CB Blessuan Austin, Rutgers
225. Buffalo Bills—LB Ryan Connelly, Wisconsin
228. Buffalo Bills—WR Stanley Morgan, Nebraska
Is Stanley Morgan the son/grandson of Patriot WR Stanley Morgan from the 70s/80s who also went to Nebraska?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The MMQB’s five most recent NFL mock drafts, all in one place

9. BUFFALO BILLS

BREER: Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State
VRENTAS: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
ORR: *PROJECTED TRADE*: Washington drafts Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
KLEMKO: Jonah Williams, OT/OG, Alabama
KAHLER: Rashan Gary, DL, Michigan

Orr: After the Giants pass on Haskins, Washington makes a move. Fearing the Broncos and John Elway steal their man, they play it safe and take the kid who played his high school ball in nearby Potomac, Md. I don’t think they’re going to find themselves bad enough to get a top QB soon, but also not good enough to legitimize a rotating series of replacements behind Alex Smith.

15. WASHINGTON REDSKINS

BREER: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri
VRENTAS: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
ORR: *PROJECTED TRADE*: Buffalo (from Washington) drafts Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
KLEMKO: D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
KAHLER: Brian Burns, DE, Florida State

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Cutting things off a bit short, but we've got 3 polls to do today and it's time to get going. With 43% of the vote Jonah Williams is our winner. Tillery gets the add.

1. Bosa (55%)
2. Quinnell Williams (77%)
3. Allen (58%)
4. Oliver (50%)
5. Hock (63%)
6. Jonah Williams (43%)

HF Bills Big Board #7

Voting on this one will have to end early afternoon.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Cutting things off a bit short, but we've got 3 polls to do today and it's time to get going. With 43% of the vote Jonah Williams is our winner. Tillery gets the add.

1. Bosa (55%)
2. Quinnell Williams (77%)
3. Allen (58%)
4. Oliver (50%)
5. Hock (63%)
6. Jonah Williams (43%)

HF Bills Big Board #7

Voting on this one will have to end early afternoon.
Once again I vote Hollywood. To restate my case, I think he is one of the few special talent's in the draft and is only being overlooked because of his size. His combo of freak athleticism, exemplary route running, and knowledge of the game is something few receivers in the NFL have. Add Sweat

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Well today is the day.

I want Ed Oliver. I am fine with trading our 3rd+ the KC 4th to move up to 6 if Oliver is there.

If we stay at 9 I am happy with Burns or even Hockenson.

If we trade down with Washington Metcalf is fine. If we can get a 2+3 from Washington for #9 and our 4th I would pull the trigger.

So I am hoping if we stay at 9 we end up with one of Oliver, Burns or Hockenson. Metcalf if we trade down. NKeal Harry in round 2 if we go D in round 1 would be great also.

I just do not want an OL at 9. So many difference makers on D to pass on them for an OL.

My dream scenario is trade down to 15 and pick up a 2nd+4, take Metcalf at 15, then package #37+74+4th to move back into the end of the 1st if someone like Greedy Williams falls. If we can trade down, then trade back up into #30-32 AND keep one of the 2nds that would be ideal.

#15,30-32 and then the WSH 2nd. Would give us 3 instant starters.

Reactions: Gabrielor

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Well today is the day.

I want Ed Oliver. I am fine with trading our 3rd+ the KC 4th to move up to 6 if Oliver is there.

If we stay at 9 I am happy with Burns or even Hockenson.

If we trade down with Washington Metcalf is fine. If we can get a 2+3 from Washington for #9 and our 4th I would pull the trigger.

So I am hoping if we stay at 9 we end up with one of Oliver, Burns or Hockenson. Metcalf if we trade down. NKeal Harry in round 2 if we go D in round 1 would be great also.

I just do not want an OL at 9. So many difference makers on D to pass on them for an OL.

This is almost exactly what I want.

My current dream is Hock at 9, trade back into the 20s for Metcalf. Two elite weapons for Allen this year.

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
I'll be giddy if we get Oliver, Allen, or Q Williams at 9. They are the targets.

I'll be happy with any trade-back scenario without the top three targets on the board.

I'll be content with any OL named Williams, Dillard, or Taylor at 9.

I'll be ok with reasonably trading up to 6-8 for any of the 3 targets listed above.

I'l be ok with Hockenson , Wilkins, Sweat, or Burns at 9.

I'll be annoyed if they go Fant, or any WR or CB at 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad