Bills: Offseason - 1st Pick DT Ed Oliver, 2nd Pick OT Cody Ford, 3rd Pick RB Devin Singletary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Went to bed at pick 29, see Metcalf is still there. 33 for 40,112.

Make it happen. If we didn't happen to have Josh Allen, I wouldn't argue for him, but we're one of the teams that could actually take advantage of his skill set.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Shaq and Jerry are both FAs after this year, no? Wonder if they use 40 on a DE.

I wouldn't hate Greedy Williams there. Metcalf wouldn't excite me but would be fine value. I like Taylor but know nothing about his knee. That other teams are scared off is scaring me off. Risner would be great.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

The first night of the NFL Draft is all wrapped up, and taping it between 2:15 and 3:25 am, Joe Buscaglia and Matthew Fairburn bring you their impressions of how the first round was handled by the Buffalo Bills, their thoughts on Ed Oliver, and what we learned about Bills GM Brandon Beane. Plus, there was a healthy discussion on what the Bills do in round two, some cereal talk, and some drop-ins from our friends with the cleaning crew at One Bills Drive. Not to mention, friend of the pod Tim Graham joined in on the fun.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

mji9zvaphtuuwqm438wi.jpg

Watch: Pancho Billa Calls In the Pick (1:16)
Pancho Billa was on speakerphone to call in the Bills first round pick DT Ed Oliver.

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

SNAP GRADES
Day 1 Grades for Every Team
Draft picks from the opening round of the 2019 NFL Draft are only a few hours old, but Chad Reuter has his quick-snap grades ready. See how he thinks the first day played out for each team.

AFC East

Buffalo Bills
Draft pick: Houston DT Ed Oliver (No. 9 overall)
Day 1 grade: A
Draft analysis: Buffalo got nice value in the top 10 by eschewing trade offers to take Oliver. He can play inside or outside for the Bills because of his athleticism, putting pressure on quarterbacks and disrupting run plays on a regular basis.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
wwx6r0ptsj8iyk1b45ho.jpg

5 things we learned from night one of the Bills 2019 Draft

It’s as though everything went according to plan.

The Buffalo Bills entered night one of the 2019 NFL Draft in search of a dominant pass rusher to anchor their defensive line. When the team went on the clock at pick nine, Houston defensive tackle Ed Oliver was staring them in the face.

The Bills quickly selected Oliver, adding a generational talent to a defense that finished among the league’s best last season.

Here are five things we learned from Buffalo’s selection of Oliver.

1. Fell onto their lap
2. Oliver: Buffalo feels like ‘home’
3. A different role
4. A character fit
5. ’No-one is ever going to replace Kyle Williams’

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
2019 NFL Draft: Best available prospects for Round 2 highlighted by Drew Lock, Greedy Williams, A.J. Brown

by Chris Trapasso

My goodness there's a ton of top-end talent available for Day 2 of the 2019 NFL Draft.

With only three quarterbacks selected in Round 1, and a few surprises late like Darnell Savage, L.J. Collier, Kaleb McGary, Johnathan Abram, and especially Tytus Howard, many of the prospects found in mock drafts over the past three months are still on the table.

Here are my best prospects available for the start of the second round on Friday night.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Oakland going of the charts with their pick is why I would always be hesitant trading down from a top-10 pick unless you know who's available. I mean, you have a bunch of crappy teams picking before you who are in that position for a reason, probably bad management.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I’m big into trading down for just this reason, look at all of the talent still available!

That being said, I’m glad they stayed at 9 and took Oliver.

I don’t encourage trading up, but I would really like to give up next years 2nd (and some 4ths/5ths) to have two 2nds and a 3rd in this draft. Run away with a WR, TE, and OT tonight and I will be on cloud nine. Beane would deserve a lifetime contract.

Risner/Ford
Irv Smith/Sternberger/Knox
Any number of WRs (even Metcalf)

I think if Oliver wasnt there they would have traded down.

they could do a 3rd and a 5th for a late 2nd then trade both 4ths for a late 3rd

Reactions: Digable5

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
You do not need 9 more picks so use them to move up or aquire another 3 or 4.

Oakland going of the charts with their pick is why I would always be hesitant trading down from a top-10 pick unless you know who's available. I mean, you have a bunch of crappy teams picking before you who are in that position for a reason, probably bad management.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Just like the 1st rnd having a qb go at the top of the 2nd would push a player down to 40. Let's hope Locke goes to Denver.

2019 NFL Draft: Best available prospects for Round 2 highlighted by Drew Lock, Greedy Williams, A.J. Brown

by Chris Trapasso

My goodness there's a ton of top-end talent available for Day 2 of the 2019 NFL Draft.

With only three quarterbacks selected in Round 1, and a few surprises late like Darnell Savage, L.J. Collier, Kaleb McGary, Johnathan Abram, and especially Tytus Howard, many of the prospects found in mock drafts over the past three months are still on the table.

Here are my best prospects available for the start of the second round on Friday night.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Don't be too disappointed if you see Metcalf and or Butler go early in the second round I know they like Deebo Samuel a lot he is no consolation prize. Joe seems very high on Brown.

Irv Smith is one I will hate to see go in front of them though as I think he would fit in perfectly in Dabol's offense.

Albright is a Denver guy so maybe he has intel of Buffalo moving up with Denver for a 4 and 5. And Denver gets Locke at 40.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabrielor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad