TV: BILLIONS

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
It makes sense. It was explained at the end..
Just because it was explained doesn't mean it makes any sense. If Ax things he can control Taylor, or make her believe that she won't continue to come after him while under his flag he is woefully mistaken. He is arrogant to think that he can. It isn't a smart play. he should have completely destroyed her when he had the chance. he foolishly threw her a lifeline for no apparent reason except for his own arrogance.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Hahahahahaha, bye bye Connerty

I think Chuck and Wendy need to get a divorce and separate for good

Why, Axe, why?

I really don’t understand what it is that the writers see in Taylor. She’s boring and that non-binary thing is just ridiculous

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
Just because it was explained doesn't mean it makes any sense. If Ax things he can control Taylor, or make her believe that she won't continue to come after him while under his flag he is woefully mistaken. He is arrogant to think that he can. It isn't a smart play. he should have completely destroyed her when he had the chance. he foolishly threw her a lifeline for no apparent reason except for his own arrogance.

It is all about his extreme arrogance. I think thats also part of the point.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I gave up on this show early this season, and after reading about how it ended I don’t think I’m going to even bother.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
So did people finish the season?

Not surprised Damien left the series as his wife died last year and apparently his contract was always going to be up at five years and he went to the writers and asked for an exit strategy for the character

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
This show went off the rails when:

-They broke up Chuck and Wendy
-They put Wendy with Axe

It was that underlying tension that was the heart of the show.

I admired Wendy and Axe's relationship before he got all clingy and she got doe-eyed. I think it wasn't consistent for their characters.

Reactions: Guardian17

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Not surprised Damien left the series as his wife died last year and apparently his contract was always going to be up at five years and he went to the writers and asked for an exit strategy for the character

I randomly googled the show Monday to see if it restarted and just started watching again. Probably finish the season this weekend.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Here in the UK, Damien is saying it was always his plan to leave when his contract was up. He was very grateful that the show allowed him to film here in the UK for the season.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Here in the UK, Damien is saying it was always his plan to leave when his contract was up. He was very grateful that the show allowed him to film here in the UK for the season.

Yah that’s what I read in the article I posted, him and the writers were working on a way for him to leave for awhile hence why Prince was introduced and they started dropping the seeds for that storyline

I’m sure even if he was going to stick around he might have left after his wife died because he’s said many times he wants to spend more time with his kids

Guy seems like one of the most genuine in the business and his roles in Homeland and Band or Brothers cemented my love for him

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
S5 was absolutely a disaster and with Damien leaving, I’d say no but that’s just me. I’ve already dedicated 5 seasons to the show so I’ll probably stick it out
Bobby's arc is what I stayed for. I can't sit through another Chuck attempt on a new Bobby but more power to the blokes that can.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Bobby's arc is what I stayed for. I can't sit through another Chuck attempt on a new Bobby but more power to the blokes that can.
Agree, not sure Chuck v Prince for the new season is the best way to extend the series. How are they going to portray this story differently from Chuck v Axe?

Good finale. If Lewis gave notice that he wanted to leave the show, then the series should of ended imo.

We dont need a "Chuck got his man" ending. Axe selling his business and escaping abroad to avoid arrest is a fine way to end the show.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Agree, not sure Chuck v Prince for the new season is the best way to extend the series. How are they going to portray this story differently from Chuck v Axe?

Good finale. If Lewis gave notice that he wanted to leave the show, then the series should of ended imo.

We dont need a "Chuck got his man" ending. Axe selling his business and escaping abroad to avoid arrest is a fine way to end the show.
Damian deserves whatever time off he needs. His wife passed recently and he's done a fantastic job in his time as Bobby Axe. But Prince isn't a likable character at all. Bobby wasn't good but you loved to cheer for him because he was just so great of a character.

Prince? Not so much. I mean I'd watch that 6th season and do what? Basically root for Chuck Rhoades.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What I do find interesting about Prince is that, aside from his original sin, he's a much better person than virtually anyone else on the show.

Of course, as soon as he gets involved with Axe and Chuck, he ends up getting dirty.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I have a hard time believing Axe would have actually gone to jail. Even if Chuck has a hard on for him, the top guys at HSBC didn't see a day in jail when it came out that they were laundering money for the Mexican cartels. Bank officials across history have done shady stuff over and over again yet pretty much get away with paying fines... Axe "laundering" money for a weed distributor pales in comparison IMO.

But regardless, good exit by the production team. It leaves Axe open to a cameo here or thrower since hes safe & sound across the pond.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI

Agreed, the fact that they renewed it for another season is really weird to me. This was probably the best ending you could hope for and even if the writers want to continue it, I can’t imagine showtime is going To keep it on air for years to come

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Finally caught up.

Wonder what their plan is for the next season. They kind of already did the "go after a Billionaire for any number of myriad reasons" thing when Axe was still on the show.

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
Finally caught up.

Wonder what their plan is for the next season. They kind of already did the "go after a Billionaire for any number of myriad reasons" thing when Axe was still on the show.
It's been a while since I last saw the season finale, but wasn't Mike Prince going to run for President?
So maybe next season will be Prince on the campaign trail, while Chuck tries to unearth his corrupt dealings to prevent him from getting elected.

On a side note, I thought Cory Stoll could fill in for Axe, but it just isn't the same without him. I'll keep watching cause of Giamatti though.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
It's been a while since I last saw the season finale, but wasn't Mike Prince going to run for President?
So maybe next season will be Prince on the campaign trail, while Chuck tries to unearth his corrupt dealings to prevent him from getting elected.

On a side note, I thought Cory Stoll could fill in for Axe, but it just isn't the same without him. I'll keep watching cause of Giamatti though.

He is running, but in the show its 2022 and Prince talks about running for 2028 (I guess the assumptions is the incumbent is running again in 2024). Tho at the end of S6, the new AG Dav tells Chuck she wants to go after Prince.

I agree about Axe. Sucks without him but PG does a great job so I'll continue watching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad