TV: BILLIONS

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Anyone still watching this show?

I’ve found season 4 to be the weakest so far. Getting close to that point where it’s not must watch TV for me.

Seasons 1-3 were excellent

1) Too much Taylor Mason (she is annoying and it’s getting old)

2) The Chuck and Wendy marriage stuff isn’t hitting a home run with me.

3) Bobby needs good enemies to make it interest. He’s at his best when he’s plotting against someone.

Attachments

• 63BDDC03-A787-4C48-BD35-6DEF21A6D13F.jpeg
    63BDDC03-A787-4C48-BD35-6DEF21A6D13F.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 2

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
There have been some great moments, when Axe took the son of his mentor fishing and absolutely destroyed him, that was brilliant.

But I agree, the Taylor thing is becoming stagnant and Chuck and Wendy is pretty meh.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I thought Season 1 was good, but each year the show has gotten worse. At one point late in the last season, I was watching it and it struck me that there is no one on the show who could be considered a good person. Every character is selfish and narcissistic. It's hard to care about people like that.

Haven't started this season yet (and don't know if I will).

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Loved season 1, but it's been relatively downhill since then. This season almost reminds me of White Collar, and that's not a compliment. Even the music at times is just awful.

This show needs to get darker again and Taylor needs to go away.

Reactions: The Shadow

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Last nights episode was worse. This show used to be so good I wouldn’t miss a week.

Time to change it up or it’s done

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
I’m now at the point where I don’t care about this show or the characters. This season is easily the worst by far. It’s run it’s course. Same old crap

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Did Mason not hook up with some Silicon Valley tech guy 2 seasons ago? I remember them being at the guys house and then the beginning of a sex scene, only for it to cut out.

I guess this part of the non binary thing? They goboth ways?

Anyhow I'm curious about A) What Victor showed Axe and B) Why Jeffcoat was on the wire when Connerty was listening in. Wonder if eh cuts a deal with Chuck to ruin Connerty and then leave him alone forever.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
I remember the scene you’re speaking of but it had a jump cut so I can’t really tell

I think Connerty and Jock are going down big time in the finale

Somehow Connerty is going to get caught with the safe cracking, it just feels like that's how he's going down and down hard.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
This season is not the best but, it's been good. They had to get away from the Chuck/Ax feud. Taylor Mason isn't an exciting or over emotional character. I suppose that's what makes it different. I didn't like how Ax gets rid of their Russian backer and they seemingly move on without any type of liquidity loss. It looks like Ax is considering burning down the world to get rid of them. As far as Connerty goes, how dumb can one man be.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
This season is not the best but, it's been good. They had to get away from the Chuck/Ax feud. Taylor Mason isn't an exciting or over emotional character. I suppose that's what makes it different. I didn't like how Ax gets rid of their Russian backer and they seemingly move on without any type of liquidity loss. It looks like Ax is considering burning down the world to get rid of them. As far as Connerty goes, how dumb can one man be.

I’ve actually loved this season but Taylor Mason drags it down and her character brings absolutely nothing especially with the “non-binary” bullshit

I think Connerty has been so OOC this season, yeah his need for revenge against Chuck blinds him sometimes but he never used to lose all common sense

Him and Jock are in for quite a surprise for thinking that they can keep Chuck down for good. He’s playing chess while other characters are playing checkers

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
I remember the scene you’re speaking of but it had a jump cut so I can’t really tell

I think Connerty and Jock are going down big time in the finale

I think for some reason wendy is gonna take a fall in the finale. That interaction they had when wendy was trying to stop him from buying that appliance company was odd. Then the way wags said "this will ruin a long relationship ". Not sure how exactly though...

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Axe is going to go scorched earth, he's going to destroy every relationship he has and his company to destroy Taylor.

Wendy's going to be caught in the cross fire on both sides as its a race to see whether her husband or Connerty goes down for the count.

I would expect this show is coming back this year and we'll see Axe working in a parking garage for minimum wage. Connerty and Chuck as mismatched hilarious cellmates, and Taylor will get the lions share of the screen time.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Wendy can go down in flames, she deserves it at this point and I won’t feel sorry for her.

For sure Axe is going full scorched earth route and nothing will get in his way from destroying Taylor and I think at this point he doesn’t care who gets sacrificed

It’ll be interesting to see how they structure next season, from the writing it seems like they think people watch for Taylor? I haven’t talked with anyone that watches the show that likes her

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I watched the Finale last night. While some of what we expected to happen did happen, I will say the twist at the end was 100% lazy writing. Just lazy and stupid. TBH. I think the show was run out of ideas and has run its course

Reactions: evolutionbaby

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
I watched the Finale last night. While some of what we expected to happen did happen, I will say the twist at the end was 100% lazy writing. Just lazy and stupid. TBH. I think the show was run out of ideas and has run its course

There’s no way in hell that Taylor would go work for him. Makes no sense

Reactions: Baby Punisher

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
It made sense in the end that both Chuck and Axe thought they had outplayed everyone and in the end Axe might have over played his hand.

As far as it goes

Connerty is going to jail. so probably mostly done with the series.
Jeffcoat is done, which is too bad because Clancy Brown is awesome
Rebecca is done, I mean she came out a billion dollars ahead, but Axe really destroyed her. She might come back as a nemisis though
I think Chuck and Wendy are done. I think they went past the point of no return.
Taylor (who still annoys me) is being played up as being the central villain for next year with her plan to play Chuck against Axe.

Overall I didn't mind the finale, the season wasn't as good as previous ones, but there was a certain satisfaction in Connerty going down.

At the end of the day the only way I see this series ending is with the complete destruction of Ace and of Chuck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad