Bill Zito to Florida

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Perfect on character; I might be misremembering about the last minute offer, but I recall hearing that there was a large offer made last minute...maybe it was to Panarin :shrug:

Good to know about the toxic negotiations; wish us luck with Barkov and Huberdeau's upcoming negotations haha.

With respect to Bob, apparently they had an early morning phone call, but, listening to an interview with Zito, I really can't tell what the relationship is like.

It’s hard to separate Zito’s tendencies from Jarmo’s since they have such a long history. But assuming they have similar philosophies on contract renewals, Huberdeau and Barkov will be very well paid. It’s those second contracts coming off entry level that they have really dug in and held their ground on negotiations.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Perfect on character; I might be misremembering about the last minute offer, but I recall hearing that there was a large offer made last minute...maybe it was to Panarin :shrug:

There was definitely a last minute plea to try to get Panarin to stay. He took less money to play in New York. They might have talked contract at some point but I think it was pretty clear that the CBJ were not going to pay what Bob wanted.

You can definitely look at what ever contracts the CBJ did sign. Zito did the primary negotiations on all of them. There is also the Anderson negotiation/holdout from his last contract too.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Interesting fact - Josh Flynn who is an AGM and will presumably take on some of Bill Zito's responsibilities was with KO Sports prior to joining the Jackets' front office. KO Sports is a hockey agency in Denver, Colorado. Their founder and CEO? Kurt Overhardt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad