Biggest "winners" and "losers" of the lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Graves*

anaheim has 4 of the top 62 picks, i'd say we did pretty well, including pick 2 and 31.

Randall Graves*

even though i'm mad ducks didn't get the top pick, I am happy for the pittsburgh fans as Crosby might be able to save them.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Minnesota did extremely well...

The have some good prospects coming up (O'Sullivan and Koivu) the type of players that are solid, contributing players but were always, always missing another franchise player outside of Gaborik.

And frankly, we wouldn't have gotten this pick if we played this year. I am stoked. This is a godsend to the Wild because they needed a franchise talent and it looks like one has dropped into their laps.

Roger's Pancreas*

I'd like to mention how Philly got hurt by others getting bent over the barrel. We have third round picks of both Dallas and Tampa but no second. We go from picking 20th to sitting on our thumbs until 88th. I think BC is going to lose his attention span and miss his turn once it comes around.

Dropkick Alex

Jan 30, 2004
Amherst, New York
Scintillating said:
But hey, you also get 32nd! assuming Florida still has their 2nd round pick...
We didn't trade it away, but I think most of us rather have a Top 5 pick then 2 late picks, we could bundle them up and trade up to the mid first round but I'm not sure.

Rakiet*

saillias said:
Calgary's 2nd round pick belongs to San Jose so we lose the benefits of switching the order around in the next round...

Your really complainning after we know that we have a great talent in Phanuef coming up? Damn, I yelled out so loud in joy when tampa came up on the first card, the Pens fans had to wait until the end, but right away I had my gratification, there was no way the Flames could lose in this draft considering how they performed in the previous season

Rakiet*

burner10115 said:
winner- F'ing pittsburgh. Good luck to them and Crosby (and malkin, and fleury, and mario,) :clap: I'm just happy NJ, Isles, TOR, or Phill didn't win.

losers- NYR. (It sux to be ranger fan rite now. I was hoping for top ten but I honestly thought we would end up rite where we did.) Buffalo got it bad too. :banana:

Don't forget about Rechi, damn they actually are shaping up fairly well.

Also Tie Domi may come over to Pittsburg because he has a very strong relationship with Lemieux and because the situation has changed of course

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Rakiet said:
Don't forget about Rechi, damn they actually are shaping up fairly well.

Also Tie Domi may come over to Pittsburg because he has a very strong relationship with Lemieux and because the situation has changed of course
I doubt the pens would ever have any interest in the Albanian asassin... At least I hope so.

TVanek26*

It's not bad having a late 1st as you get a high pick in a few rounds...

Buffalo and NYR have it worst,middle of the draft.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Overall I was pretty happy with the draft order.. turned out much fairer than I hoped for - with all the big money teams in the bottom half.

Biggest winners:
1 Montreal
2 Vancouver
3 Anaheim
4 San Jose
5 Minnesota
6 Ottawa

Biggest losers:
1 Florida
2 Edmonton
3 Phoenix
4 New York

These are the 4 teams that failed to make the playoffs last season yet pick in the bottom half of the draw.

Vic Rattlehead*

Harper said:
Compensation picks are for teams that lost Group III UFAs between July 1, 2004 and September 15, 2004...

Boston gets a couple,

Rolston, Knuble, O'Donnell, and Nylander were all group III. That's four comp picks.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
ice berg slim said:
Florida easily biggest losers, Biggest winner I would say Montreal
What he said
Oh, and I think that a higher pick for Nashville would have been OK as well. Not that they got ripped, but they could need a star (to be).

Last edited:

Randall Graves*

Gwyddbwyll said:
Overall I was pretty happy with the draft order.. turned out much fairer than I hoped for - with all the big money teams in the bottom half.

Biggest winners:
1 Montreal
2 Vancouver
3 Anaheim
4 San Jose
5 Minnesota
6 Ottawa

Biggest losers:
1 Florida
2 Edmonton
3 Phoenix
4 New York

These are the 4 teams that failed to make the playoffs last season yet pick in the bottom half of the draw.
and thats why they were in the lottory of the 2004 draft.

Gwyddbwyll

Dec 24, 2002
Huh? The 4 teams? Edmonton wasnt. There was only one winner in that lottery - Washington.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Biggest winners:

Pittsburgh. Yeah they suck but they were not a sure thing of getting Crosby in a normal year, and the drop from Crosby to the rest is huge.

Otherwise

1 Montreal
2 Minnesota
3 Anaheim
4 Ottawa
5 Vancouver

Qualiity over quantity of jump.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events