Biggest strengths/weakness heading into Round 4 -- I can't think of a clever rhyme

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Should match Killorn-Filppula-Stamkos against Keith-Seabrook and let TKO feast on the other pairings.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Strengths:
- Everyone else doubts this team - especially the West.
- Negatron is on our side

Weaknesses:
- Optimist Primes. They're growing in number every series.
- Everyone is on to the jinx voodoo.
- Blackhawks are a damn good team.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
The Hawks are as playoff proven as they come... BUT with playing so many post-season games the past 4 seasons, I expect they'll feel the fatigue in the finals. Think about it, like 60 post-season games for them since 11-12, and they'll be coming into the finals after a 7 game series with only 1 day of rest? Have to think they'll be tired.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
The Hawks are as playoff proven as they come... BUT with playing so many post-season games the past 4 seasons, I expect they'll feel the fatigue in the finals. Think about it, like 60 post-season games for them since 11-12, and they'll be coming into the finals after a 7 game series with only 1 day of rest? Have to think they'll be tired.

They look fantastic tonight. Plus we are no longer the 'underdog' against the Blackhawks regardless of what people think. We have home ice and I don't like how we've played at home these playoffs (and it's been getting worse).

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
It's still definitely Matt Carle. I'm anticipating him getting burned really badly by Kane at least once in this series. Possibly Sustr too if he's giving the puck away like he did in the last game. The entire defense could be an issue if they're not on their game. Also lack of scoring from the bottom 6.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
Bottom 6, we're a legit 3C away from tearing the league a new ass. Particularly when you consider Koekkoek in the wings to bump Carle eventually and move bigger in successive years.

Maybe Vlady can bust his ass this off season.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
How do you all see lines next season?

Triplets
Drouin-Stamkos-Callahan
Namestnikov-Filppula-Killorn
Boyle-Brown-JAM?

Hedman/Stralman
Garrison-Coburn
Carle/Nesty-Sustr

Maybe KK will be ready

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
I think the biggest swing factor now is 2nd pairing D. If Garrison and Coburn play well, I think our F will expose Hjall/Oduya. Whichever of our two top lines has to face Seabrook & Keith WILL be slowed down at least somewhat, but the other of the top two lines should be able to expose their second pairing. If that happens, and our 2nd pairing slows down their 2nd best line, I expect a favorable outcome.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bottom 6, we're a legit 3C away from tearing the league a new ass. Particularly when you consider Koekkoek in the wings to bump Carle eventually and move bigger in successive years.

Maybe Vlady can bust his ass this off season.

3rd line has looked very good the last 2 games, but it needs a better center than Paquette. Sadly right now, there are no options except Vladdy and he is not getting that opportunity now.

I still wanted to a see a 3rd line of Drouin - Boyle - Callahan but Coop has made it clear Drouin is not playing most likely till next season.

Triplets
Drouin-Stamkos-Callahan
Boyle-Brown-JAM?

Hedman/Stralman
Garrison-Coburn
Carle/Nesty-Sustr

Maybe KK will be ready

Pray and Hope for that 2nd line, I know the regular season things can change and nothing is set in stone over a 82 game regular season.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

Triplets
Drouin-Stamkos-Callahan
Boyle-Brown-JAM?

Hedman/Stralman
Garrison-Coburn
Carle/Nesty-Sustr

Maybe KK will be ready

Is there someone else to bring up on the left side that would allow KK and DeAngelo to be the first pairing in Syracuse?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Need goals from both the bottom 6 and d. Chicago will almost certainly get goals from theirs.

Need a better 3c a guy who can create plays . Coop is sold on keeping Paquette there because there really is no other options. Drouin will likely not see a game this series and Vladdy will also be in the press box who is a better option offensively than Paquette.

If coop is worried about defense responsibilities throw Drouin on a line with Boyle and Callahan, two of our better defensive forwards that can protect Drouin while also creating offense. Then move Paquette to 4c centering morrow and brown. 3rd line will have its playmaker and grit guys and a two of them with top 6 skill.

At this point just have to hope the current 3rd line keeps playing like they did in the last two games and build from there. They will score if they keep that up.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
I've been keeping my distance from the forums during the majority of the playoffs for superstitious purposes but decided to swing by before the finals kick off. Wanted to say man Hedman has kicked it into such an elite level this year and specifically this playoffs. Not a dman in the league I'd take over him at this point. I really hope we can pull it off. The finals are so hard to reach, who knows when the team makes it back here. Let's go bolts!

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
My concern is if the Ducks defense couldn't stop the Hawks then how are we? Someone please give me something positive to help ease this concern.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
My concern is if the Ducks defense couldn't stop the Hawks then how are we? Someone please give me something positive to help ease this concern.

Our forecheck and back check is elite. It's about more than big hitters and we'll positioned defenseman. Speed can kill

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Series starts on Wednesday. They'll get plenty of rest.

Big mental slip on my part. I was a day off mentally and thought the series started Monday:help:

Anyway, I feel like there's no way our F can blow them away, and I don't expect Bishop to clearly be better than Crawford, so we need our D, other than Heddy/Strals to step up. The big question marks are Garrison and Coburn. If they play well, and I know they'll be in for a tough match up, we'll have a shot. If not, we'll lose in 4 or 5 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad