GDT: Biggest game of the year : B's @ Sens 3/19 7:30 PM - NESN, TSN5, RDS2 - RADIO 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Merge away when the other one is ready mods.

Krejci skating today with Spooner and Lucic. Connolly ahead of schedule.

BCTo-DNCQAAJTGJ.jpg:large

It's all happening :)

Please be ready by puck drop Tuukka.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
A couple of days ago we were chasing Detroit... Now we're looking back at 9th place in a cold sweat.

Need to win these next 2 games in regulation and put both of them out of the running. Most important stretch of the regular season (until the next stretch), and if we're going to play anything like we started then it's not going to go well.

They're going to be fighting for their playoff lives and we should be fighting for ours.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
1 goal last 2 games.Bruins need to keep it simple and start going to the dirty areas.Get pucks to the net and enough perimeter crap.Chiarelli better start hunting in future for goal scorers.

OldFESeides

May 15, 2014
What I don't want to see.

The puck being cycled to the point every shift looking for the "tip in." Bag bodies, crash the net, get to the dirty areas. I also want to see Talbot and Kelly on a line and watch them go into full smash brothers mode.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Looks like a GDT to me. I've got about as much puck luck as Reilly Smith right now.

Actually DJ Bean tweeted that #18 has scored against Hammond.

As has Bart.

[Tweet]578290436684517376[/MEDIA]

So there's that.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
News Release: First 10,000 fans attending tomorrow’s game will receive a Hamburglar mask

OTTAWA - In recognition of Andrew “The Hamburglar†Hammond’s historical pursuit of Senators’ and National Hockey League records, the Ottawa Senators (@Senators) and TSN 1200 are partnering to provide the first 10,000 fans attending tomorrow’s 7:30 p.m. home game against the Boston Bruins at Canadian Tire Centre with a Hamburglar mask.

Fewer than 2,000 tickets remain for Thursday’s home game against Boston

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Having never faced Hammond, I just hope the players are studying as much game tape of him as possible.

It would be a real shame if unfamiliarity makes it difficult for the B's shots to hit him in the chest and go wide of the net like they do against goalies they are familiar with. ;)

Kidding obviously. It is a big game, though Hammond is a great story and other than when they are playing Boston, I dig the Sens.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
HUGE, HUGE 3 games ahead of us, these are truly must win games.

C'moon B's let's do this!!

I'm guessing Krecji will play on the weekend, too much on the line and we have lost the last 2, and if he comes back they better keep both pasta/spooner on the lineup.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Please win.

I hope Tuukka is feeling well and has a good game.

I hope they keep Looch with the kids.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:handclap::handclap:

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Good news is everyone else has made Hammond look like the next Dryden, so maybe the Bruins won't.

I'd love them to be the team to pump 5 or 6 past him

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Enormous couple games coming up. Bs need to make up for the woeful game vs Buffalo. Hopefully they play a full 60 with some urgency.

5Minutes4Fighting

Light the Lamp!
Apr 9, 2010
Northern NJ
Let's see....we can't beat Lindback for more than 1 goal (who had ZERO wins as a starter this year with a Buffalo team playing for the #1 pick).

Remember....they don't play the games on paper...and the truth is stranger than fiction.

So, I'm gonna say the Bruins become the first team to put 3 by the Hamburglar. Bruins 3, Sens 1 (no eng)

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Enough of this hamburglar stuff.

The Bruins need to rally through their checkered past to win. It's not all kings and queens and white castles - it's not time to be friendly.

It's simple: In front of the goalie, put out the best five guys. Get some sonic speed to weave in and out of traffic. It's tougher without a Johnny rocket, but it's doable.

You've got to shake the shack and smash 'em. As Jack would say before going in the box, you've got to drive a stake in them and shake it around!

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Good news is everyone else has made Hammond look like the next Dryden, so maybe the Bruins won't.

I'd love them to be the team to pump 5 or 6 past him

I well remember Ken Dryden. Can you please use another example, maybe everyone else has made Hammond look like the next Cheevers!! Lol, just a friendly suggestion!

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Really wanna see how these lineups would be:
Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak
Marchand-Bergeron-Krejci
Smith-Soderberg-Eriksson
Paille-Talbot-Ferlin

Last edited:

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Sens aren't exactly filling the net either lately so should be a low scoring affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad