GDT: Biggest game of the season! Devils @ Canes

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Also, the fact that we will have to play against Taylor Hall for years to come, constantly, pisses me off. He's been a Canes killer since that trade. Stupid worthless Oilers getting handed him and 2 more #1 picks and a generational talent and still get fleeced by a division rival. f***ing move them to Houston already.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Ryan loses basically every one-on-one battle because he's 175lbs dripping wet and makes godawful plays with the puck in the defensive zone constantly. Peters shelters the hell out of him and he's still rocking a -17 or whatever, which is deserved and not because of bad luck. I don't give a shit about the 30-something points he's on pace for, he's a liability and shouldn't be in the NHL.

Last edited:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Ryan loses basically every on one-on-battle because he's 175lbs dripping wet and makes godawful plays with the puck in the defensive zone constantly. Peters shelters the hell out of him and he's still rocking a -17 or whatever, which is deserved and not because of bad luck. I don't give a **** about the 30-something points he's on pace for, he's a liability and shouldn't be in the NHL.
So basically Francis is going to re-sign him and give him a raise?

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Exactly correct, which is why I lay almost all of the fault with Francis and almost none with Peters. I said it a week and a half ago, it’s a damn miracle they’re basically 1 point out of the playoffs. They have Jordan Staal as their best C, and Derek Ryan playing on an important scoring line. A gosh darn miracle.

Oh, no. No, Peters bears all the blame for putting Ryan on the ice for 3v3 hockey. It's ridiculous. That's when you put your absolute best talent on the ice, and Peters puts out his Tryhard Buddy. Francis gives him subpar talent, and Peters refuses even to use the best of that subpar talent.

When Emmet Tracy III, the biggest homer announcer in sports, calls you out for putting Derek Ryan on the ice, you have f***ed up.

hurricure

Sr Vice President of Snacking
Oct 8, 2016
Trail BC
Don't worry there will be no fans to discuss Canes hockey with by the time Francis continues JR's plan of running this franchise into the ground.
We are in better shape now the when JR was around... at least we have something in the cupboard... I know it sucks but I think at the beginning of the year even the most optimistic figured we were prob still a year away. And the darling thing was a swing and a miss in hindsight... damn easy being a Monday morning quarterback... even the Rask signing was being praised by most at the time....

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Skinner makes my BH clench everytime he is out in OT. How many OT goals has he scored vs the amount he is directly responsible for being in our own net.
He's always been garbage in OT and 3-on-3 makes things worse. Turnover machines don't work well in 3-on-3. He has like 1 or 2 points since the start of 3-on-3 and people still complain when he's not out there for some reason.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
This team can not handle pressure. At all. It's the same thing every year and it's not a talent issue (although they severely lack talent). Nobody has the stones to go out there and DO it when it matters. They can butt stomp western conference teams when they pop one early but need a win against a division team and everybody gets butterflies. They need need need a veteran leader and Jordan Staal ain't f***ing cutting it. They went out and got who seemed like the perfect candidate in justin Williams and he's withered on the vine. It's pitiful.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I know it sucks but I think at the beginning of the year even the most optimistic figured we were prob still a year away.

I've got a letter from our General Manager stating otherwise.

Which is another thing to hang on Francis. If you set the expectation with the fans that the team will be in the playoffs, then you'd better be in the f***ing playoffs.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
We are in better shape now the when JR was around... at least we have something in the cupboard... I know it sucks but I think at the beginning of the year even the most optimistic figured we were prob still a year away. And the darling thing was a swing and a miss in hindsight... damn easy being a Monday morning quarterback... even the Rask signing was being praised by most at the time....
I care about results, not about who praises Francis' garbage acquisitions/signings at the time they were made. If GMs were judged based on that, Francis would be a HoF GM at this point.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Hanifin got posterized there, but I encourage everyone to watch that shift back and keep your eye on Jeff Skinner.

That's a tough rebound to predict. And the chance he gives up in the end is a gentle tap that can only go in if the goalie gives up the five hole when the five hole is the only dangerous spot.

Not greatly played, but it should be good enough. The problem with the canes is that good enough is often not good enough. All the time with a Darling, and definitely not unheard of with Cam.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad