GDT: Biggest game of the season! Devils @ Canes

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
@Breakdowns Maybe our new owner can take them to TopGolf again. That would mean they would have to go to Charlotte because there isn't one in Raleigh (yet). Maybe while they are there, they could check out a Checkers game and....

..Ah nevermind. Nothing will get done.
I daydream about changes they could make all the time. And then I see nothing new. But I am still disappointed...

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I realize I'm opening a huge pandora's box here, but I honestly think we'd be a few points ahead of where we are if we had Duchene's skill in OT and shootouts (as well as regulation), even at the cost of Hanifin.

Easier to say when Hanifin has fallen off a cliff offensively and is still terrible defensively. 7 points and -10 in his last 26 and that is with a 3 point night mixed in.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I realize I'm opening a huge pandora's box here, but I honestly think we'd be a few points ahead of where we are if we had Duchene's skill in OT and shootouts (as well as regulation), even at the cost of Hanifin.

Well, there's a good chance Duchene will be available again as it's looking like the Senators are keeping on with their downward spiral.

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
At least we have an owner who is committed to making sure we have this disappointment to watch for years to come so there is that.
I love Canes. I hate what they are doing to me.

I rather keep Hanifin, but I would have been okey to trade other things like our 1st rounder, Bean etc

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC

No, because he'd do something to make Peters mad and wouldn't be on the ice during those situations.

Maybe you're right. Probably not. Who cares?

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Easier to say when Hanifin has fallen off a cliff offensively and is still terrible defensively. 7 points and -10 in his last 26 and that is with a 3 point night mixed in.

Well, to be fair, I said it when Hanifin was getting pre-season hype as the second coming of Bobby Orr and Duchene was all but washed up. It's easier to get you to *agree* with me now, but IMO, it wasn't *that* hard to see that it could possibly go this way.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Peters is either a complete dipshit, or is actively trying to get fired. Francis has said he does t want to call up guys to play 3 minutes a night. Calls up Wallmark, plays 3 minutes.

Derek Ryan played 20 minutes. He played more than Aho, in a game they spent most of the time losing. What the actual f***?

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Peters is either a complete dip****, or is actively trying to get fired. Francis has said he does t want to call up guys to play 3 minutes a night. Calls up Wallmark, plays 3 minutes.

Derek Ryan played 20 minutes. He played more than Aho, in a game they spent most of the time losing. What the actual ****?

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I think Derek Ryan can contribute in the NHL. I don't think he can contribute at center. He needs to be a winger, and Lindholm needs to be a center. Why Peters refuses to play Lindholm at center when he can possibly avoid it continues to baffle me- Lindholm is good there, and it substantially alters the way other teams have to play against us, since unlike Ryan, they can't exploit his total lack of physical power and unlike Rask, they can't exploit his utter lack of speed. Yes, Lindholm's decision making isn't perfect. But while Ryan generally makes decent decisions, he frequently can't actually execute them since he flat out doesn't have the strength. Is it better to have a guy making the right decisions all the time who gets pushed aside without a second thought and is ineffective, or is it better to have a guy who doesn't always make the right decision, but when he does make the right decision, can actually f***ing follow through with it? Peters thinks it's better to have a guy who makes the right decisions but can't actually carry them through. It's costing us games.

I think Peter's system is good. I think he's a good coach in many, many respects. But the way he manages his players is just pants on head Pejorative Slured at times. If he can't pull his head out of his ass, he's gotta go.

TMLeafs18

Aug 7, 2015
Canada
Some observations of the game

Hischier can really steal the puck he won a lot of puck battles tonight. He has a lot of skill

Hall was also top notch

Skinner is a great skater there were a couple little plays he created with his edges not many people could do.

Faulk really reminds me of Gardiner from the leafs, he makes some amazing plays then appears brain dead at times. Not sure if he is always like this?

Not impressed with Jordan Staal at all how has he been this year ?

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
Peters is either a complete dip****, or is actively trying to get fired. Francis has said he does t want to call up guys to play 3 minutes a night. Calls up Wallmark, plays 3 minutes.

Derek Ryan played 20 minutes. He played more than Aho, in a game they spent most of the time losing. What the actual ****?

Correct. He's a complete dipshit. Worst coach I've ever watched. Yes, I remember Maurice.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Some observations of the game

Hischier can really steal the puck he won a lot of puck battles tonight. He has a lot of skill

Hall was also top notch

Skinner is a great skater there were a couple little plays he created with his edges not many people could do.

Faulk really reminds me of Gardiner from the leafs, he makes some amazing plays then appears brain dead at times. Not sure if he is always like this?

Not impressed with Jordan Staal at all how has he been this year ?

Actually the times Faulk is not brain dead, he's giving a piss poor effort and losing just about every battle he accidentally stumbles into.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I think Peter's system is good. I think he's a good coach in many, many respects. But the way he manages his players is just pants on head ******ed at times. If he can't pull his head out of his ass, he's gotta go.
He's clearly an "Xs and Os" coach that fixates on particular characteristics in players. He's like the great offensive coordinator that just never does well as a head coach. Have him draw you up a plan, then give it to someone else to execute.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
He's clearly an "Xs and Os" coach that fixates on particular characteristics in players. He's like the great offensive coordinator that just never does well as a head coach. Have him draw you up a plan, then give it to someone else to execute.
I don't even know about that. He's like Mike Shula in that if you give him a generational type player on offense, he'll look decent at times, but if he has to make adjustments he has no idea what to do. He's a coach with a rigid gameplan and if he has to deviate from that plan even slightly, you're f***ed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad