Biggest draft steal since Lundqvist?

Biggest draft steal since Lundqvist

• Total voters

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I've gone back and forth on whether I should include Fast and Hagelin in this poll since they were drafted so late and turned into excellent role players but I don't think they'd win when compared to Callahan, Dubinsky, Buch, Anisimov, and Shesty. Please take into account round drafted and impact. So Dubinsky would get docked points for being a second rounder. I'm not including anyone that has yet to play in the NHL or was a first rounder even though I think Chytil has been a very good player for us as a late first rounder. I'm also not including Girardi who was undrafted. If I'm forgetting someone obvious please let me know.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
On second thought I probably shouldn't have included Anisimov. He wasn't here that long and he probably had less of an impact than Fast and Hagelin while taken several rounds ahead of them.

Reactions: egelband

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
On second thought I probably shouldn't have included Anisimov. He wasn't here that long and he probably had less of an impact than Fast and Hagelin while taken several rounds ahead of them.

Yeah, given the choice between Fast or Anisimov, it is Fast by a mile for me. I think he was better anyway, much less once you factor in draft position.

e - *better for us*

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Even though he never played for us, Marek Židlický was a great draft pick. 800 games for a player drafted in the 7th round is great.

But if we are going by what was best for the Rangers, I'd have to go with 3rd round pick Buchnevich in 2013. A pick we got in the Nash trade and being on pace for a 70-point season (82 GP) at age 26, he's reaching his ceiling.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Callahan was basically a 5th rounder who became captain and was on the ice for everything important for 6 years plus, not to mention he was traded for the guy that was instrumental in getting us to our first finals since 94.

Buch and Shesty, too soon to say. Stepan was a great pick but he was a high pick, top notch prospect in his draft year, going to a top notch hockey school and his father had been a Ranger draft pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad