Biggest disappointment - team

Which team has been the biggest disappointment thus far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I'd go the Flyers but Bruins aren't their usual selves this year either. How can the Bruins be 24 goals behind the Rangers? 3 games in hand doesn't cover that.

We have the same 5v5 woes we've had the last couple of seasons. Mix that in with our PP not being able to carry us like years past.

If we can get some scoring going to support our great defensive structure and our great goaltending then we should be able to propel to the next level. The ball is in Sweeney's court.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Habs disappoint a lot.
I foolishly tought that they were to contend for the top spot or at worst, 3rd spot. It looks like we're going to miss the playoffs...

But the answer is the Sabres lol
How is it even possible to suck that much with those players is incredible. Incredibly sad.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
We have the same 5v5 woes we've had the last couple of seasons. Mix that in with our PP not being able to carry us like years past.

If we can get some scoring going to support our great defensive structure and our great goaltending then we should be able to propel to the next level. The ball is in Sweeney's court.
They keep playing the Devils which is destroying their GF lol

For the record. I fully support their right to play this way.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I don't find Buffalo disappointing. Sure they added Hall but that wasn't going to turn around their team, especially with the lack of goaltending. I said from the start he wouldn't move the needle for them.

Yeah, I remember getting pushback in that one thread about the Sabres making the playoffs where I said I don't know why people are putting them ahead of teams like the Pens and Islanders this year. The only argument I seemed to get was "they added Taylor Hall and the Pens core is old".

Reactions: Voight

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Went with the Blues. They should be cruising in home in their division and instead are floundering with the hardest games to come.

I'm not disappointed in the Flyers because they're always bad when people think they'll be good (and vice versa). I'm not disappointed in Buffalo because once I saw Skinner on L4 I stopped believing in their process there. I'm not disappointed in the Canucks either. Guess I am a little in the Flames.

Stars are incomplete given everything that's happened.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
I don't even understand how the Sabres are an option when they left their blueline intact and they weren't a Staal or Hall away from being competitive but anyways...

I'll go with Columbus. Torts has exceeded his shelf life yet again and nobody but Roslovic and Bjorkstrand look like they give a shit.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Yeah, I remember getting pushback in that one thread about the Sabres making the playoffs where I said I don't know why people are putting them ahead of teams like the Pens and Islanders this year. The only argument I seemed to get was "they added Taylor Hall and the Pens core is old".

Just like when they told us how Hall and Eichel were going to light up the league :rolleyes:

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Habs disappoint a lot.
I foolishly tought that they were to contend for the top spot or at worst, 3rd spot. It looks like we're going to miss the playoffs...

How is it even possible to suck that much with those players is incredible. Incredibly sad.

Hockey is the ultimate team sport adding Taylor Hall and Eric Staal like they did wasn't going to make such a huge change to a crappy team. This isn't the NBA where you add 1 great player and things will change so much.

Sabres being someones pick after the additions they made entering the season should reevaluate their look on team building.

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
I'm surprised more people aren't voting the Flames.

They had a golden opportunity to compete for first in the division. New star goalie, UFA signing in Tanev.

Instead they were eliminated 60% of the way through the season.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I don't find Buffalo disappointing. Sure they added Hall but that wasn't going to turn around their team, especially with the lack of goaltending. I said from the start he wouldn't move the needle for them.

Hockey is the ultimate team sport adding Taylor Hall and Eric Staal like they did wasn't going to make such a huge change to a crappy team. This isn't the NBA where you add 1 great player and things will change so much.

Sabres being someones pick after the additions they made entering the season should reevaluate their look on team building.

being bad still is one thing

being significantly worse than they were last year is another thing entirely

sucking isn't just a binary thing, they had 68 points in 69 games with a -22 goal differential last year and this year have 16 points in 33 games with a -50

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
being bad still is one thing

being significantly worse than they were last year is another thing entirely

sucking isn't just a binary thing, they had 68 points in 69 games with a -22 goal differential last year and this year have 16 points in 33 games with a -50

What other recent teams with this much talent have faltered? 2017 Avs had some good players, but MackInnon hadn't broken out yet (wasn't as good as present day Eichel) but I feel like on paper this years Sabres would be the better team.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Has to be the Sabres. Didn't expect them to make the playoffs in that division, but christ. 17 losses in a row is a disappointment even if it were Ottawa or Detroit...

Reminds me of the A's montage in moneyball.. "replay these games a hundred times and nobody loses 17 straight again.. I mean it just defies everything we know about hockey".

The age of parity and the team just functionally cant win a game. Actively throwing games away with 3-0 leads. This just cannot happen in the current NHL. Even if they were projected to be worst in the league before the season, i would pick them here.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
the new york rangers... they promised me the fastest rebuild in the nhl and here they are again... .500 team at the mercy of their free agent pickup while their prospects are useless. who are they kidding, they will overpay some1 after this season and call it a day. no need to drag/destroy young players into this mess.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Habs disappoint a lot.

No way the Habs miss,they have Van and CGY chasing them and have lots of games in hand

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Has to be the Flyers. They should’ve made the playoffs comfortably this season, and now they probably won’t make it. Their defense and goaltending are big questions going into next season.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
No way the Habs miss,they have Van and CGY chasing them and have lots of games in hand

If Calgary gets hot and the Habs continue to suck, they could get passed by.

Vancouver is pretty much done IMO but Calgary could go on a run

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Reason why I don't have them 1st is because you take any teams top line center and starting goalie out for many months, it's gonna be a bit of a struggle. Definitely still a disappointment in that division though.
Bishop didn't play in the playoffs last year and Seguin had 2 goals in the playoffs. They seem to outshoot teams most nights, they just can't score to save their life.

Dallas by a mile for me.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Stars have some key injuries and with the covid start its not totally understandable for them to have a rough time.

Calgary on the other hand...They were being talked about as the potential #1 or #2 in the North division. They have remained relatively healthy and yet they regressed so hard, even with the addition of Markstrom and Tanev.

IDK about buffalo...obviously very disappointing, but Im used to them sucking so its never really all that surprising.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stars season has been obviously very disappointing, yet not surprising. They were not a deep team to begin with and then injuries took pretty much everything they had left besides Pavelski. Luckily Robertson is great but it's not enough. Gurianov hasn't been producing much either on top of all of this, and Benn is still bad Benn.

Then they were the only team to have a delayed start to the season and then Texas had that super bad weather week and then find out they're gonna be playing back to back or every other day for the rest of the season. Just a weird one. I'd like to say it's a throwaway season but im also sad the Stars management will see it that way too lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad