Biggest disappointment - team

Which team has been the biggest disappointment thus far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
Flyers - top 6 team last year, only lost Niskanen, and now they're a huge mess

Buffalo - was expected to be competitive by some humans with that top 6

Dallas - Stanley cup to below 500, tied for 2nd last (!!!) in wins

Blues - barely holding on to a playoff spot

Canucks/Flames - both had good seasons, now both below 500 and likely to miss playoffs

Blue Jackets - another mess of a team right now with lots of talent

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Gotta be the Stars. 9 loser points, just living off them like the Habs.

Broken down into just wins and losses they are 11-21. Pretty brutal for a team that made it to the SCF last season.

Reactions: McJesusSaves97

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
The Blues have a pretty shitty record considering they've primarily played the duster teams. 17/22 remaining games against Colorado, Minnesota and Vegas and the only teams they have a winning record against are Anaheim and San Jose.

Reactions: GreeningOil

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Based on the hype I was sure NYR were going to be cup contenders this year. Guess that play-in series did a number on them, even Laf couldn't save them...

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
The Stars easily. From Stanley cup finals to not even in a playoff spot is absolutely awful
Reason why I don't have them 1st is because you take any teams top line center and starting goalie out for many months, it's gonna be a bit of a struggle. Definitely still a disappointment in that division though.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I'd say the Sabres get more disappointing every year that they stay in the basement.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Flyers - top 6 team last year, only lost Niskanen, and now they're a huge mess

Buffalo - was expected to be competitive with that top 6

Dallas - Stanley cup to below 500, tied for 2nd last (!!!) in wins

Blues - barely holding on to a playoff spot

Canucks/Flames - both had good seasons, now both below 500 and likely to miss playoffs

Blue Jackets - another mess of a team right now with lots of talent

Not by me.

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
Not by me.
Goldstar.jpg

I edited it, happy? :laugh:

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
As a Dallas fan we suck but if you remove any teams #1 center, best winger, #1 goalie, and their #2 center sits every other game they would be terrible too.

Reactions: bh53 and Kcb12345

Steven Toast

Apr 3, 2019
Sol System
Tough choice. I went with Sabres just because I feel they have underachieved to the highest degree. I didn't really expect them to be a playoff team but I did think they would be competitive. I wonder how much the covid breakout affected them?

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Sabres, not that I expected them to be great or even a playoff team. But, with natural growth and some of the additions (Hall), I didn't think even with an Eichel injury that they would be as bad as they were between 2013-2015.

Reactions: topshelf15

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I picked Buffalo, but it's not really much of a shocker. Edmonton has already showed us what incompetence in management can do to a team regardless of 1st overall picks.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Calgary Flames easily. I expected them to be challenging at the top of the division.

Didn't expect anything from Buffalo. Thought they would be bad.

Dallas have some major injuries, so expected them to be in the middle of the division.

Flyers, it's an odd year in a tough division, so figured they would struggle.

Columbus figured they would be fighting for a playoff spot, and they are.

Thought Canucks would struggle. Lost a couple of big pieces from last season.

St. Louis doing okay. Where I expected them to be.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Gotta be the Stars or Flyers. Both teams actually had expectations to fall short of this year. I have no idea how Buffalo are winning this. Did anybody expect them to do anything other than continue to lose this year? They signed perennial loser Taylor Hall, and people thought that was going to really help them "turn the corner"? Or what...?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
It's worrying when you've been trash for years and everyone expects you to be trash, and yet people are still disappointed in you.

I gotta go with Stars though. Injuries, Covid and all that but they were Cup finalists and currently don't look all that likely to even make the playoffs. That's rough.

Reactions: DaveG

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
E expected Buffalo to be a playoff-team for sure. This looked good on paper:

Hall - Eichel -Reinhardt
Skinner - Staal - Cozens
Olofsson - Sheahan - Mittelstadt/Okposo

When I look at that, I cant even imagine they loose 17g straight...

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Confused about Sabres winning. Expected them to be a bad team once again(until proven wrong, in fact), and that's what they are. Not sure what people were predicting them to do.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I don't find Buffalo disappointing. Sure they added Hall but that wasn't going to turn around their team, especially with the lack of goaltending. I said from the start he wouldn't move the needle for them.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Gotta be the Sabres here....That is worse than Detroit was last season,they need a real rebuild with a fully staffed and competent scouting group

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I'd go the Flyers but Bruins aren't their usual selves this year either. How can the Bruins be 24 goals behind the Rangers? 3 games in hand doesn't cover that.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I voted Philly, expected dallas, and buffalo to miss the po.

Figured the flames, Nucks and bjs to be in the mix for a PO spot but not necessarily make it in.

The blues I figured would be 3rd at best.
I expected Philly to be where Pittsburgh is.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Gotta be the Stars. 9 loser points, just living off them like the Habs.

Broken down into just wins and losses they are 11-21. Pretty brutal for a team that made it to the SCF last season.
I'll give Dallas a pass. They've been brutalized by external forces more than any other team, they were the first team to have a covid outbreak which delayed their season, then another delay due to that crazy blizzard in Texas. Combine that with a stanley cup loser hangover that had to be worse than any other stanley cup loser ever, plus aren't they still missing Seguin? i'll give them until next season to show it was just a fluke.

I think the Blues are a bigger disappointment. They lost Peter Angelo which is huge but they made some big time additions and just should be better than they are especially in a kind of weak division. They just don't look good at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad