Biggest disappointment - team

Which team has been the biggest disappointment thus far?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Habs disappoint a lot.
I foolishly tought that they were to contend for the top spot or at worst, 3rd spot. It looks like we're going to miss the playoffs...

But the answer is the Sabres lol
How is it even possible to suck that much with those players is incredible. Incredibly sad.
Montreal is not missing the playoffs lol, they almost make it in by default because Vancouver, Calgary and Ottawa are all dumpstar fires. You realize they're up 2 points with 6 games in hand right?

Although I don't know what's worse, missing the playoffs or getting embarrassed by the Leafs in the playoffs...

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The Sabres were supposed to be bad, so they're not surprising. *How* bad is another discussion, but they were in contention for a top 5 pick no matter what.

Flyers were a sexy pick for the Cup. Gotta be them.

Reactions: Puck Dogg

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Montreal is not missing the playoffs lol, they almost make it in by default because Vancouver, Calgary and Ottawa are all dumpstar fires. You realize they're up 2 points with 6 games in hand right?

Although I don't know what's worse, missing the playoffs or getting embarrassed by the Leafs in the playoffs...
Leave us out of it,we are in the basement by design

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Gotta be the Stars. 9 loser points, just living off them like the Habs.

Broken down into just wins and losses they are 11-21. Pretty brutal for a team that made it to the SCF last season.
I don't know. The Blues have picked up 5 gimmick points .Without those gimmick points they would be comfortably out of a playoff spot.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I think it's Philly but I voted "Other". I hate it when an OP uses the option that forces you to vote in order to look at the results so on principle I always choose "Other" in those polls as a means of protest.
:wally

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think it's Philly but I voted "Other". I hate it when an OP uses the option that forces you to vote in order to look at the results so on principle I always choose "Other" in those polls as a means of protest.

Why wouldn't you just vote for Philly?

I actually like the option because it helps diffuse the group-think a bit.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
It was the nucks for a while until they quit playing so terribly. I guess I’d go with the Stars today. I thought there was a very clear top 4 in that division.

I think the North is middle-heavy, a lot of decent teams. Somebody has to finish 6th. As long as whoever that is has a bit of separation between them and Ottawa, they can't be that disappointing.

Last edited:

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
:wally
I mean it's literally there so people dont vote influenced by others

Think for yourself, dude. Don't be a sheep.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I mean it's literally there so people dont vote influenced by others

Think for yourself, dude. Don't be a sheep.

What a bad take, lol. If you knew me at all you'd know that I'm one of the last people on here that is going to be influenced by what others think. It just so happens that there are some polls I don't care to vote in, and others I don't feel qualified to vote in, but I'm still curious to see the results. But go ahead and jump to uninformed conclusions. :thumbu:

Last edited:

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
The Sabres are definitely the answer, but surprised the Rangers aren’t an option. They were touted as having the fastest rebuild ever (after being gifted a top 5 player, a Norris contender, and 1OA and 2OA picks). Many predicted them to be near the top of the division before the season, but they’ve wallowed near the bottom all year.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Sabres are definitely the answer, but surprised the Rangers aren’t an option. They were touted as having the fastest rebuild ever (after being gifted a top 5 player, a Norris contender, and 1OA and 2OA picks). Many predicted them to be near the top of the division before the season, but they’ve wallowed near the bottom all year.

Some had us near the top, and some had us near the bottom. Right now, it's looking we'll finish in fifth, so thats about what was the average expectation. We probably would've made the playoffs in any other division. The points percentage is pretty much the same as last season, but our team has been getting better as we've had more of our top players available and improvements from young players, so we'll probably end the season on a run like last season. We might even have a higher points percentage at the end of the season facing a much harder schedule than last season.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Lol, no they didn't. Certainly not many. Were people expecting the Rangers to compete for that 4th spot? Yes, and you can argue they still are in that conversation although their chances look slim.

The Rangers have been disappointing in that they haven't taken that step forward that they were expected to take, that said they have not taken a step back either. It's exactly like the last season. Is that disappointing? Probably, but when the rest of the options are teams that have almost completely fallen apart this season compared to last season (or are like Buffalo who continues to be a dumpster fire no matter what they do), the Rangers don't belong to this discussion.

GingerJesus28

This is the way
Feb 25, 2015
Saskatchewan
Lots of talent ? Thanks for the complement, but it’s hard to agree on that
If they played up to their potential, a team with Bjorkstrand, Atkinson, Laine, Werenski and Jones is a pretty damn solid core. Unfortunately they're all underperforming other than Bjorkstrand lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad