Biggest Christmas Surprise

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
What has been the biggest surprise so far this season?

To me it's been Columbus. I never saw this coming, not even close.

I know Stamkos is out but I didn't see Tampa struggling like they have.

I didn't see Montreal doing as well as they have, Carey Price or not.

I didn't see Nashville struggling like they have. Too good to be where they are. Same goes for Dallas, too much talent, IMO.

Ottawa has been a surprise, making the most of what they have. Karlsson is simply ridiculous.

On an individual note. Laine has transitioned better than I thought, just insane.

Cam Atkinson. Who saw that coming?

Who's your biggest Christmas Surprise so far?

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Are teams nervous playing against the Leafs?

I want outsiders perspectives as I didn't think they would be this good this soon.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
This is a big reason why I love hockey, you never know what the **** is gonna happen.

I don't watch the NBA, but I'm just gonna assume Golden State are 1st in the west, and Cleveland is 1st in the east. Hockey is sooo unpredictable compared to other sports.

And to answer your question - Columbus for sure.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Ill stick with the hometeam and say Edmonton.

5/6 points on a road trip before the break that includes the 2 WC finalists last year and a team that has had their number forever.

We are becoming one of those team where we win if we have a good night and can still sneak a point in on a bad night

Mcdavid has always had the hype and potential but its nice to see him actually still at the top of the NHL in points by x-mas. LD has been a revelation, despite the departure of Hall which was a worry.

Some standout players in our bottom 6 so far, with room for our middle 6 (I'm looking at you Eb's and RNH) to still get their game together. 1 point back of the division lead right now

Outside of Edmonton, I'm really glad to see ex Oilers preforming well after getting **** on for years. Gagne having a heck of a comeback season, Dubnyk in the lead for Vezna, and J Shultz leading Nhl D in points in Dec with major injuries currently on the back end of Pit

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
Sam ****ing Gagner AINEC

I was hoping the Flyers would keep him for depth offense and thought CBJ got a sneaky good addition but I never thought he would be on a 60+ point pace this far into the season. Hats off to him I guess and a big boo to Dale Weise who isnt living up to his expectations.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
You're surprised they're in 20th place overall? Beat it.

pretty much everyone had them dead last before the season

they're a decent surprise relative to expectations

justin schultz going off with the pens is definitely a big surprise

as is nashville's record and forsberg having 5 goals

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
Meh as frustrating as it is, they pulled the same stuff with Drai in year 1 and he turned out alright.

He went back to juniors after half a season though.. Gotta hope they send Pulju to AHL soon. A year with his minutes can't be good for anyone who is trying to develop.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
He went back to juniors after half a season though.. Gotta hope they send Pulju to AHL soon. A year with his minutes can't be good for anyone who is trying to develop.
Leon went down after game #38, the Oilers have played 36 this season. I don't know what's going on with Puljujarvi, I'd like to see him in the lineup and playing regularly somewhere. Chiarelli said about ten days ago they might send him down to the AHL.

kooma 13

Mar 15, 2014
Dunno, maybe Puljujarvi getting shafted.

1. Edmonton is hot as **** without him, why to mess with it?

2. Coaching staff sees all the different and small things that you fans doesnt. They see how how they manage to play in the practice, they know if they have good chemistry with other players etc.
I bet they do whats best for the team in the short and long term, whether the fans like it or not. Relax.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
1. Edmonton is hot as **** without him, why to mess with it?

2. Coaching staff sees all the different and small things that you fans doesnt. They see how how they manage to play in the practice, they know if they have good chemistry with other players etc.
I bet they do whats best for the team in the short and long term, whether the fans like it or not. Relax.

Thats the mentality I'm at right now as well. They haven't seemed to mess with the development of any rookies so far (although they haven't been around long), so I'll trust their judgement for now with this scenario.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
The rate the rookies are scoring is a surprise to me. Like 10 of them walked on to their teams and have been impact players.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: