BigBen's GM Game v1.0 Signup and Discussion Thread (with some twists)

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
:bruins

Superbowl party starting soon, so I'll reply to all PMs later.

We are looking for a Top 3 Offensive Defenseman and a Top 6 Right Winger.

PM me if you have one available.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Okay, since so many of you are asking about what to do if you go over the cap at any point (during the draft, through a trade, etc.), here's what happens:

If you go over in a trade:
The trade will stand. You will have 12 hours to either buy-out or waive players to get under the cap, or make another trade to get under.

During the draft:
Same as trading, you'll have 12 hours after the conclusion of the draft to get under via waivers, buy-outs, trades, etc.

After signing a FA:
The signing will be voided and the player will be back as a FA, available for any team to sign.

The way the buy-outs and waivers work:

Each team has two "amnesty" buy-outs, usable at any point throughout the game. The team drops the bought-out player's entire contract, and that player is now a UFA.

Waivers are a bit unique here. If the player is making >3M a year and they are claimed though waivers, the team that dropped the player and the team that claimed the player will split the cap hit 50/50. If the player is unclaimed, they simply become a UFA, no one is responsible for the cap hit except whoever signs him in FA. If they're making <3M, the player's new team, claimed or signed, is responsible for 100% of the cap hit.

Again, if you go over the cap and are not under within 12 hours, you'll be removed as a GM and replaced.

Hope that helps.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:bolts

Looking for top 6 wingers and top 4 defenders, as well as a #1 goaltender.

Stamkos, St. Louis, and Hedman are untouchable.

Lecavelier OTB.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
:rangers

I'd like to move Nash, Gaborik, and Richards for cheaper players of similar value. I will take a downgrade depending on the player.

BigBenSF*

:pens with a heavy heart amnesty Paul Martin (5 mil)

Also will trade Malkin for your first 3 supplementary draft picks

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
:bolts buy-out Mattias Ohlund due to his injuries.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
:habs

Waive

Francis Boullion - 1.5m
Yannick Weber - 875k
Ryan White - 688k
Petteri Nokelainen - 575k

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad