BigBen's GM Game v1.0 Signup and Discussion Thread (with some twists)

BigBenSF*

League Chatzy

:nhl

BigBenSF GM Game v1.0

(PLEASE READ)

This game is going to be a bit different than the normal GM games from Dong and Gabby.

1) The maximum amount of GM's for this game will be 16. After 20 teams sign up the remaining 14 will be placed into a four round dispersal draft, followed by a 2 round prospect draft, then followed by two days of free agency. After free agency we will have a couple of days to trade and then we will vote on a Cup winner.

2) All NTC's and NMC's have been waived.That means that players that were a lock to stay with their respected franchises for life (Crosby, Parise, etc.) can now be traded anywhere at anytime. But take note that I will not take kindly to blatant lopsided trades and if multiple happen with one GM, there will be punishments handed out.

3) Because GM's will be adding players with high cap hits during the draft and free agency, the cap has been raised to $85,000,000. I feel like this is a fair salary cap to start, but if I see a need for increased room, I will increase it. If you go over the cap at any time, you will have 12 hours to correct your mistakes and go under, or else you will be kicked out of the game immediately. No trades that you previously did will be vetoed, you will have to find a way to get out your mess yourself.

4) You MUST keep your roster updated at all times. If you have made multiple trades and still do not have a full roster, your future trades will be vetoed until you post your full, updated roster in the roster thread. Inactive GM's who do not post a roster at all will be replaced. In the previous game, about 20-25 spots were filled but there were only 10 or so active GM's. We want a game of 20 active GM's to get the most out of this game.

To join the game PM me your top 3 teams you want. You MUST be active to play this game, if you prove to be inactive you could be fired at any time.

[FIELDSET="Jobs"]
[/FIELDSET]

[FIELDSET="Salary Cap"]
  • Salary cap will be at $85,000,000
  • All teams MUST be under the cap at all times, if you are caught over the cap you will have twelve hours to get under, if you fail to do this you will be kicked out of the game.
[/FIELDSET]

[fieldset="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread.
  • To save time and avoid confusion and complications, waivers will be "first come, first serve". Whoever puts in a claim first will get the player.
  • If you claim a player and he puts you over the cap, it will be vetoed and the said player will be put back on the waiver wire.
  • Teams will have 24 hours to claim a player off the wire before he clears.
  • Once a player is placed on waivers, he cannot be taken out until he clears. Once he clears, you may send him through re-entry waivers if you wish, but keep in mind if someone puts in a claim you will have to pay half of the player's salary and cap hit.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Trades"]
  • All trades MUST be sent to BigBenSF
  • All NTC's and NMC's have been waived.
  • Any trade that severely favors one team will be reviewed by the commissioners, and if a unanimous agreement is reached, the trade will be waived.
  • If a trade puts a team over the cap, it will be passed, but the team over the cap must find a way to go under in 12 hours or will be kicked out.
  • If a deal is vetoed, you won't be able to make the exact deal again.
  • Trading is not allowed before all GM's have joined. Any deal announced before this will be vetoed. You can negotiate deals with other GM's before the game starts.
  • 3 way team trades will be allowed
  • Supplemental draft picks can be traded
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Re-Signings and Signings"]
  • To re-sign a player on your team, PM the respective agents for your RFA's,
  • Pending FA's can be found at CapGeek. Try to re-sign in groups, it makes it easier for the agents.
  • Don't skimp out on an offer, if you make a terrible offer the player may not re-sign with you at all.
  • Not all players will re-sign, in fact, the majority will probably test free agency.
  • Any player not re-signed by 11:59 P.M. the day before free agency will enter free agency, and you will not have exclusive rights.
  • Just because you made the first, or highest, offer for a player during free agency does NOT mean he will sign with you. Many factors go into a player signing so nothing is a sure thing.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="RFA"]
  • Each team gets 2 offersheets
  • The team that owns the player can match as much as it wants
  • RFA's are automatically qualified
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Other Rules"]
  • Inactivity will not be accepted. If you have just one post in the thread one day before the deadline, you will be fired.
  • You MUST keep your roster and trading block updated.
  • Posting in the thread doesn't necessarily mean you will get the job you wanted. PM me the team you want and the job you want and I will determine who gets the jobs.
  • If a player is out for the season due to injury, he can't be added to your roster and won't count against your cap. If he's injured but not expected to be out for the rest of the season, he's in play and still counts.
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or how it works, feel free to ask me.
  • This game will be very unrealistic, every player has the ability to be traded. Please do not abuse this power, lopsided trades will be frowned upon.
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Team List"]
Western Conference

Anaheim Ducks - Water Knight
Calgary Flames - K9
Chicago Blackhawks - CoachBadKitten
Edmonton Oilers - Donghabs98
Minnesota Wild - Frolundasweden
San Jose Sharks - PriceIsGod
St.Louis Blues - Gaborikthebeast

Eastern Conference

Boston Bruins - NoahH57
Florida Panthers - GFS
Montreal Canadiens - Peso
New Jersey Devils - Virothepyro
New York Rangers - Datsyuk Dangles
Philadelphia Flyers - JayP812
Pittsburgh Penguins - BigBenSF
Tampa Bay Lightning - LatvianTwist
Winnipeg Jets - Hlaverty06

DISPERSED TEAMS

:avs :cbj :stars :wings :kings :nashville :coyotes :nucks
:sabres :canes :isles :sens :leafs :caps
[/FIELDSET]

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBenSF*

This game will start after we get 16 GM's. PM me your top 3 teams.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

I'm not going to be a GM; but I am offering the opportunity for any team to add me as the assistant GM to their team. Make your pitches to me, and I'll decide before the game starts.

PaulSedin

#lydia2012
Jun 29, 2011
can we please wait until HR's game is finished. last year no one waited for games to finish and there was times were 3 games were going on at the same time and games never got finished

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
can we please wait until HR's game is finished. last year no one waited for games to finish and there was times were 3 games were going on at the same time and games never got finished

Lmfao did you not read the 2nd post ? you know the huge bold letters

BigBenSF*

OP modified.

Edit: Chamged my mind about waiting for HR's game to end, it's dead and people are waiting for this to start. We need one more GM and trading will open.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
God, there's some insane talent in this dispersal draft.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Might wanna increase the cap if we're only going with 16 teams, as well.

HankTheTankYoLo

Aug 4, 2009
1, if we only 16 team like latvian said, the cap must raise.

2, cant we wait like til tommorow? So we get an GM that are ACTIVE.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Don't mind opening it ASAP, as long as we get the right guy.

BigBenSF*

Changed cap to 85m. No need to wait really, if I can get a committed GM the game will start. Once the game starts I'll post the draft thread with more info.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Don't see why we couldn't do the draft tonight, either. **** the Superbowl.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
No. Draft will probably be next weekend.

:amazed:

We start tonight, and yet don't draft for another week?

We need to do the draft/FA before the major trading period. Who I pick up at the draft will seriously alter who I want to trade, etc.

BigBenSF*

:amazed:

We start tonight, and yet don't draft for another week?

We need to do the draft/FA before the major trading period. Who I pick up at the draft will seriously alter who I want to trade, etc.

Unless we can get all 16 guys on tonight, I don't want to do the draft during a weekday and next weekend would be preferred.

I'll do a vote, when do you guys want the draft to take place?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Unless we can get all 16 guys on tonight, I don't want to do the draft during a weekday and next weekend would be preferred.

I'll do a vote, when do you guys want the draft to take place?

PiG, myself, Jay, frolunda and a couple others in chatzy could make it. I'll see if we can get ~10 to show up, unless we can get everyone next weekend (but that's a LONG time to wait).

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00