Rumor: Big Thread / Big Promise - Friedman and Johnston's Big Name/Big Promise continued

Status
Not open for further replies.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005

Continue here.
I think things have changed in leafs Land
Not sure who's running the show

Any guesses as to who this player was? Will we know in the next couple of days?

Was this just a lie to keep the angry fans at bay?

Reactions: Mackr

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I thought that player was Bertuzzi. Better make sure his back is 100% before trading for him or better get him real cheap.

Reactions: Stigma

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Didn't CJ walk back these comments recently saying we're basically just gonna be doing some bargain bin shopping and otherwise remaining status quo? That's certainly the vibe Dubas is giving as well

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
First of all, any "one" good player isn't going to change the culture or attitude IMO

In addition, there is no cap left to bring in a solid/good player to begin with unless a roster play making significant cap is moved, which dubas/shanny have already said they wont move.

Friedman has gone into Dreger business of click bates and smoke shows

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
First of all, any "one" good player isn't going to change the culture or attitude IMO

In addition, there is no cap left to bring in a solid/good player to begin with unless a roster play making significant cap is moved, which dubas/shanny have already said they wont move.

You might be right, but their insider information is pretty much taken as The Gospel on HF.

I'm starting to lose my patience with Friedman and Johnston.

Reactions: axlrose87

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Yeah I believe we read the word significant with CJ earlier, which was later revised after Dubas spoke publicly

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
It's Ovie, The Great 8, will be coming to the Leafs... his jersey will fit nicely in the rafters between Horton/Clancy (#7) and Conacher/ Kennedy (#9).

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
You might be right, but their insider information is pretty much taken as The Gospel on HF.

I'm starting to lose my patience with Friedman and Johnston.

I think Dubas and co. use mouth pieces from Sportsnet and morons from Athletic like mirtle/seigel as a PR stunt to keep things quiet or provide fake news to the leafs fans to avoid a serious backlash.

Reactions: axlrose87

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Just trade Marner for Eichel and thats a start. All Marner and Matthews have accomplished together is become predictable. Another scenario is trade Marner to Buffalo for a package of good young players (Cozens) being a must and it would help them convince Eichel to stay. They really don’t want to lose Eichel I’m sure. Buffalo is a good place for Dubas to look hard at. They have the package of prospects and cap to facilitate moving Marner. Yeah i want to move my one time favourite player in Marner. Four years of flat cap here breeds necessity.
Marner has to go and sending him to Buffalo would likely help Buffalo talk Eichel in to staying. There is something there if Dubas had half a brain to call and kick the tires

Reactions: HC7

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
It's a scratch my back I will scratch yours kinda thing, most of the insiders have relationships with player agents... this is where they get most of their "Inside" info. DD is a bit of a different cat, he is more of a speculator, he says things like, If I were (insert GM's name here), or you've have to think (insert GM's name here), he's more of a wordsmith than an Insider.. At one time I had inside info with Montreal and with Calgary, I knew scouts in the Calgary org and I knew a well known coach with the Montreal Canadians. Heard lots of gossip on Price and some other big names. I was sitting close to one of the big scouts for Montreal in January 2020 and heard most of his comments on their plans for the next draft, to a guy who reported to him. Not because I was eves dropping, or even had a clue who he was. He talked kinda loud enough for anyone in ear shot to plainly hear him. This fan walked up to his table, asked are you so and so, he said yep, so I looked it up on the internet and it said scout Montreal Canadians.

I have no doubt Friedman and Johnson were telling us what they were told, but they are used as a tool by agents to further their cause, sometimes the info is more to manipulate organizations than it is to give free info on a players status.

Reactions: WWB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille